230v Socket Tester At Aldi. (1 Viewer)

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
can you show me a picture, or give a link to a double poled continental socket such as you have fitted .. ?

reason I ask, I have heard about them but never seen any in a van .. or found on the net

mine are un switched.
Am in it now ashamed to say there are no switches on our copiuos supply of 2 sockets

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Interesting that because it worked in the morning at one site with normal polarity and after connecting up at the next site that afternoon, where I had forgotten to check the polarity, it didn't and it had not been moved, dropped touched or unplugged. You of course may be right, it may have just packed in but I don't take the chance anymore. :smiley:
Most CD players have a two pin plug, or are connected with a flat type 2 core flex and a 13 amp 3 pin plug with a "dummy" Earth

Reverse polarity would make no difference.

Perhaps you were playing rubbish music and it gave up the will to live?

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
So if our sockets have no switches and the odds of a neutral wire and live wire coming loose are the same on all our appliances does reverse polarity matter

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
So if our sockets have no switches and the odds of a neutral wire and live wire coming loose are the same on all our appliances does reverse polarity matter
Possibly. The real issue is whether the RCD devices are double pole and can cope with reverse polarity. If they do, and on a typical German vehicle for example, they can, then there is no big problem. You will still get a shock and it may/will hurt but the RCD should cut the supply before you are frazzled.

As an aside I am sure someone mentioned fuses somewhere. A fuse will NOT stop you being killed, it only takes a few tens of milliamps to kill someone if the shock lasts long enough and this won't melt a fuse. That is why they have RCD devices which sense if some of the current has gone AWOL and is going to earth via your heart or brain.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Perhaps you were playing rubbish music and it gave up the will to live?

Actually thought the reply was un-called for and originally wanted to respond accordingly but I'm better than that so been searching for the right reply, think this might be it...
Just found the album that was playing at the time of my CD's demise....
7ced87145c7aa7318bcbdb7b9651293b.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back