Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Thanks Mo I have used most of it

Quote:
Fully loaded 4 berth with end bathroom RV [need to give better overview of layout].
It comes with all the usual American extras you get on US RV's such as electric step etc plus a massive list of extra's so you can drive away and use immediately.

Specification:

Equipment:
Pioneer back-up/reversing camera
7" Snooper ventura with all the ACSI sites as poi's
Entertainment system
Satellite (NETA Dome)
26" TV built in
Separate DVD
Habitation air conditioner
Worlds smallest CB and a hand-held to match with a car kit
Large two door American fridge / freezer
Mains/12v Dometic stage cool box
2 x safes
4 kw chassis mounted genny
1500 watt Sterling PURE wave inverter / combo battery charger (again over £1,000) - best of both worlds - use 230v and charge the batteries
2 new x 100amp domestic batteries in January 2012 (5 year warranty)

Water/Waste:
Macerator and 60' of flat high-pressure hose with breaks using firmans couplings
Standard 3" dump hoses

Base vehicle:
E350 chassis (super duty) with the later Trition engine
4 speed auto with the tow haul system fitted by Ford - can pull a car trailer (you do not know it is even there)
Under 20k miles from new
Full service history
2 sets of keys and fobs
VanBitz strike back alarm system as well as the Ford system (2 immobilisers - one Thatcham)
Air Ride rear suspension controlled from a fob in the cab (walk around type) so you can adjust ride height or use to level on a site
Recent new front brakes
7 new tyres in last year

Running costs:
Returns about 15 mpg
My insurance with a 40% NCB (mirrored discount) via Safeguard is £560 p.a. with Europe wide recovery
[it would be a good idea to give info of what insurance group it is].

A clean and tidy RV, sensible size and comes full of extras such as chocks, levelling ramps, clips and items associated with camping life - to much to list.

[Add a bit more info to the above as necessary but don't list loads of superfluous stuff and make it tooooooo long].
...............................................................................................................................

That sounds "Superb".... :thumb:

How long is it...?:RollEyes: :ROFLMAO:

Makes me almost want to buy it.. :winky:

Thanks Mo

I have used most of your advert - helpful.. many thanks

Bob

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
I've just had a look at Bob's Ebay advert and this is my view of it:

Photos - they need to be taken again without the 'personal' effects - you need to show a nice minimalist view of the camper as not everyone appreciates other people's treasures. Dress it a little but not with the 'American' flag stuff, you want more neutral stuff - think 'show home' style - they have very little in them but what they do have is just enough to make it appealing/desirable.

Info - Instead of it being all in a couple or so paragraphs, do it as bullet points and keep them concise, I've had a 'go' below.

[Add a bit more info to the above as necessary but don't list loads of superfluous stuff and make it tooooooo long].

I have to agree with virtually everything said above....:thumb:

Much better, more concise, easier to read....

I am always amazed by the lack of attention to the photos posted in some eBAy ads.
The best way (in fact the only way), the prospective buyer can see what is on offer is by the photos, so the more photos the merrier in my mind.

Particular attention should be given to the internal pics. This is the living space that you are trying to sell. The external photos on Bob's ad are great. The van looks the part, but the internal pics are too few, and from really poor angles.

With the current internal pics , to me it all looks a bit poky and cramped inside, the blinds are down, which closes things in. For example there is no decent pic of the kitchen area, only obtuse angles and then it is full of clutter, gaffa tape, bottles etc... The cab pictures are also taken with the screen covers on, again it looks dark and dingy, not light and airy.

You just cannot see the space on offer, (in part due to the clutter), so de-clutter and re do the internal photos from better angles, with the blinds up and covers off.

Also a 10% deposit (£2,500! You don't need to leave that much deposit at a dealers), may be off putting, especially with a line earlier saying "Deposit Forfeited" due to buyer being "unwell" at the top of the ad. :Eeek: It all sounds a tad aggressive....

The buyer is out there for sure, and one who will give you the price you want....::bigsmile:

It's just putting the right bait on the hook that will bring him in..... the current bait is a little bit stale....

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Thanks Mo

I have used most of your advert - helpful.. many thanks

Bob

I`m afraid I cant take the glory for that Bob...

It was Mel`s (Minx) write up a couple of posts before...

I`m not that brainy....:Sad:

I stole it.. :Blush:::bigsmile:

Must admit it was similar to mine when i sold my "B" class... I think Mel stole it from me... :ROFLMAO:

Informative and basic but to the point and what possible punters want to read...

If they are interested they will ask other questions .. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I have copied - thanks

I've just had a look at Bob's Ebay advert and this is my view of it:

Photos - they need to be taken again without the 'personal' effects - you need to show a nice minimalist view of the camper as not everyone appreciates other people's treasures. Dress it a little but not with the 'American' flag stuff, you want more neutral stuff - think 'show home' style - they have very little in them but what they do have is just enough to make it appealing/desirable.

Info - Instead of it being all in a couple or so paragraphs, do it as bullet points and keep them concise, I've had a 'go' below.

I have copied - thanks.. the size issue... depends if you include the tow bar and the spare wheel kit.. so it is 23' something... hand book says 23'7" but again you know the yanks it can mean anything.

Bob

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
sounds better being 23' something

Sell it as under 24 foot :winky:
Terry

I thing it sounds better being 23' something... it would confuse everyone on MHF (Which is not hard to do:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

Oh well looks like I am going to have to pay ebay another £15.94 as the advert needs renewing this afternoon.

It is on PreLoved and Friday Ad plus gumtree.... and I suspect other places as it has been lifted I know by a caravan magazine:Sad:

Bob

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
soory it fell though, but I did have a feeling,

bet I was correct when I said he went of to find finnance,

champange taists, mild pockets, come to mind

better luck next time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
to many dreamers out there

soory it fell though, but I did have a feeling,

bet I was correct when I said he went of to find finnance,

champange taists, mild pockets, come to mind

better luck next time.

To many dreamers out there... with lemonade money and champaign tastes. Cannot understand people that have not done any research.. i.e you need to be able to store or park a motor home. It is not the sort of thing you leave on the public highway... yes it does have the steering wheel on the wrong side:cry: Despite saying it does 15 mpg.. you get it is as low as that.:Sad:.. why do they bother I wonder. Oh well £500 better off.. but I still have an RV that needs to be moved.

I supect this weekend we will end up draining the water off and getting it ready for deep hibernation ... gave it a blast down the duel carriageway last weekend .. but it is coming time for it to go to bed for the winter... I will leave it on sale on ebay etc., and hope for someone t come along.

Bob

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
Any U.S.P. ??

What would raise it above the myriad of others? A unique selling point? All the space and convenience of a Winnebago in less than 24ft.... Any FREEbies with it? Folks love the word FREE.

Good luck anyway, Bob. Sorry the buyer fell through. I reckon he got cold feet, so got an in-law to phone cos he chickened out of even doing that himself.

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I am sure you are right Mary

What would raise it above the myriad of others? A unique selling point? All the space and convenience of a Winnebago in less than 24ft.... Any FREEbies with it? Folks love the word FREE.

Good luck anyway, Bob. Sorry the buyer fell through. I reckon he got cold feet, so got an in-law to phone cos he chickened out of even doing that himself.

I am sure you may be right Mary.

FREEbies .. boy yes are there some.

Bob

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
so amended

So amended... as suggested.

Bob:winky:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Just turned a dealer down for the second time

I just turned a dealer down for the second time... I am not desperate to sell it, and no way will I sell it for £19k regardless if he can collect it to day... Some joker. It was a bargain at £22,500 but with all the goodies at £24,750 it is a steal... I do not mind a haggle.. but not be insulted.

Bob

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Buying scam

Years ago a young lad who worked for me told me how his friends would buy a car.

They would find the car they wanted, go to see, agree a price and pay there and then by cheque - agreeing to collect the car when the cheque cleared.

They would then cancel the cheque. At the end of the following week (when they knew the cheque had bounced) one of their other friends would ring the seller asking if the car was sold.

The seller would now know that the cheque had bounced, the 'new buyer' would then offer a much lower price. The seller, having told any other buyers that the car was sold, would be so fed up that he would nearly always take the silly offer.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
That may well be true.. but this is quality we are talking about.... just relisted it on ebay for another 28 days...
all I need now is a buyer.

Bob
Sorry to hear that it has not gone yet, I have been touring Vermont for a couple of days, great RV country they are everywhere, most of them are towing large 4x4s. I passed a gigantic RV dealers yesterday, some big units on display there but with fuel at 3.99 gal and the infrastructure to accommodate these monsters I can see why they are still popular over here.:thumb:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I`m afraid I cant take the glory for that Bob...

It was Mel`s (Minx) write up a couple of posts before...

I`m not that brainy....:Sad:

I stole it.. :Blush:::bigsmile:

Must admit it was similar to mine when i sold my "B" class... I think Mel stole it from me... :ROFLMAO:

Informative and basic but to the point and what possible punters want to read...

If they are interested they will ask other questions .. :thumb:

I can honestly say I didn't nick it from anyone, some of us have a TALENT for this sort of thing you know!!! :thumb:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I can honestly say I didn't nick it from anyone, some of us have a TALENT for this sort of thing you know!!! :thumb:

I can se a nice little earner here....:thumb:

copy writer to mhf ,well done

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
the world loves a comedian

Had to offers on the RV when I relisted it yesterday on ebay.. excluding the £19k from a dealer that has tried before... but I love a comedian .. offered £11k and £12k.. seems he cannot read... it says that £19k dealer bids will not do it... thank goodness Ebay does an automatic rejection of bids under a certain amount..

We did some sums today.. without the fixed items like the TV /DVD Satellite, sterling, backup camera etc.,

We have on it £5,737 of extras.. (part of the £14 we have spent on the RV adding goodies in the past 4 seasons).. discounted it down and that comes to £2,289.. so if you take the £24,750 I have it up for.. remove the goodies.. all 126 items (some multiple) and removed the £2,289.00 .. the £22,500 I want it is a bargain... by having it all with the 3/4 tank of fuel and full LPG tank .. that means even at the lower prices you save another £1,000.

Case of leading a horse to water and all that. But I am happy to mix and match what someone wants or does not... So it is £22,500.00 plus... or the lot at £24,750.00

Now is that a deal or not..... (no Shiffty do not need your views... know what they are from old:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

Bob

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I hope you sell it with all the extras on it Bob.

I would hate to think of you spending hours unloading it all again.::bigsmile:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Chris my very worry also

I hope you sell it with all the extras on it Bob.

I would hate to think of you spending hours unloading it all again.::bigsmile:

I dread unloading it yet again... but it should not take as long as a lot of it is packed in boxes for the new owner to locate items on the RV as he or her wishes.

If it goes as a package great.. if not I may sell a few bits and keep the rest for the toy hauler.. the £19k dealer seemed to be aware I had one.. so is he looking in on us I wonder? he is not a member as far as I know.

But not rushed to sell it.. want to get the right deal and the right customer. I am active in advertising it.. but I am not taking silly offers.

Bob

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Up to now you must have had about 1k worth of free advertising out of Mr Brown:winky:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
That may be true.. but I did buy his tyre monitors

That may well be true... but I did buy a lot of tyre monitors from him ....

Had one MHF member send me a message asking for details yesterday.. regrettably he did not have a C1 licence and his age near 80 was an issue for him.

Still getting silly offers from chancer's... one dealer offers me £19k (second time he has) I reminded him I had unsatisfactory work done by him and his tone changed... about how hard it is to sell a smaller RV ... very keen when he thought he had a chance of stealing it... not so when you reminded him that previous dealing with him were poor. Plus I had to have the work done again by a proper company. I would not sell to him at any cost.. do not like the man.

Lots of questions about various issues like lay out, how heavy is it etc., etc., Cannot cover everything in the advert.. despite the phone number they still send a message via prelove or whatever mediaum. While it was under deposit had a couple people send me emails asking to be advised if it did not sell.. contacted them.. even spoke to one lady..oh I am out.. will call you back.....:Blush: I am on my way from Crowborogh... 10 miles away...:Blush: never made it.

I think it is game with some people. We are going to drain off the water tomorrow and put the front screen on and take the tyre pressure valves off (as supplied by Mr Brown) and then put the wheel covers on... Just a case of wait and see.

Bob:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back