2023 model Flair (1 Viewer)

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Acoustic felt Isn’t that what self builders call ‘wall carpet ? 🤭 if it is then my van is a ground breaker for the N&B Flair 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Acoustic felt Isn’t that what self builders call ‘wall carpet ? 🤭 if it is then my van is a ground breaker for the N&B Flair 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Not seen the Flair yet of course but when I have seen this "acoustic felt" in the iSmove it has been a lot thicker than carpet, more like 10 or 15mm.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I missed this first time round. Why you would want a glass door between the living and the bedroom and bedroom and toilet is beyond me. It also going to take a lot of cleaning. Accessible black tank is a good idea. and like the storage boxes but I bet its an expensive option.
You have to give them maximum points for thinking outside of the box Jon, I can't remember the details now but is that glass door one of these things that switches from clear to dark?

I wonder if this will be make MORELO and Concorde move away from the traditional look or will they just dismiss it as a fad.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
You have to give them maximum points for thinking outside of the box Jon, I can't remember the details now but is that glass door one of these things that switches from clear to dark?

I wonder if this will be make MORELO and Concorde move away from the traditional look or will they just dismiss it as a fad.
I agree that the thinking is to be commended and there are some nice ideas, but is it practical in use as a motorhome? Or just something that looks great on a show stand?

We all know the vagaries of power delivery, whether its onboard or EHU, so you re mid-sh*t or mid-shower and the power surges/trips/why and you're now on show to the gawking element. What is actually simpler than fitting a door? it can be shiny and well finished but it doesnt need electricity to continue being a door.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I agree that the thinking is to be commended and there are some nice ideas, but is it practical in use as a motorhome? Or just something that looks great on a show stand?

We all know the vagaries of power delivery, whether its onboard or EHU, so you re mid-sh*t or mid-shower and the power surges/trips/why and you're now on show to the gawking element. What is actually simpler than fitting a door? it can be shiny and well finished but it doesnt need electricity to continue being a door.
My thoughts expressed so eloquently by yourself Jon;)

I guess only time will judge whether they have gone too far or scored a blinder.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
Glad they make better motorhomes than websites. Lost the will

DSL2

Free Member
Aug 7, 2022
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Thank you Coastal that's rather encouraging news! What was the crack with the VAT side of things, paid in Germany or supplied VAT free & then paid UK on arrival here if you don't mind answering? Also was there any sort of UK type approval inspection / Mot etc required to get it UK registered as I take it she came on a German reg no? Regards DSL

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back