LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The style is very modern and along the lines of the iSmove, it will certainly divide opinion but we didn’t like the iSmove so not holding my breath, jongood what do you think?

Oct 25, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
N&B 920LE
Exp
Experienced!
Looks great, I just done one on the configurator and it came to £285k 😜

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
I like it.

That said, when they advertise having a separate sink in the bathroom as being a ‘highlight’ I find it slightly worrying!

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
One of my favourite vans and for 3 years when looking number 1 on the list.
Unfortunately when trying to negotiate with the German stealer he didn’t seem to want the sale that much so I walked away☹️

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
The style is very modern and along the lines of the iSmove, it will certainly divide opinion but we didn’t like the iSmove so not holding my breath, jongood what do you think?
I couldnt look at much detail, that website is really annoying.

My biggest criticsm of recent flairs has been the small angled kitchen, that looks to be an improvement, and the brief glimpse of the bath/dressing area looks interesting.is there much difference on the outside? I dont think so although the outside didnt really need changing.

I actually like the outside of the Smoves its the Ikea/crypton factor and general flimsiness of the interior that lets it down.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Well i would do a straight swop for my Bailey and chance being bitten.
And yes a truly orrible website.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Do induction hobs use a lot of power Martin?
Not a huge amount I would say, I imagine a lot of people would still use it on hook up only although with enough LiFePO4 and solar you would be OK on the inverter, I use ours outside quite a bit and it's ideal in that the heat doesn't get blown away like gas, on the German Liner forum that I am on people have a lot more battery and solar than is typical in the UK so some are going all electric for cooking.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I couldnt look at much detail, that website is really annoying.

My biggest criticsm of recent flairs has been the small angled kitchen, that looks to be an improvement, and the brief glimpse of the bath/dressing area looks interesting.is there much difference on the outside? I dont think so although the outside didnt really need changing.

I actually like the outside of the Smoves its the Ikea/crypton factor and general flimsiness of the interior that lets it down.
Yes Jon the website is just slightly annoying :LOL: after about the third or fourth viewing you start to get the hang of it though;) the kitchen does look a decent size with a "pop up" extract hob at the back of the cooker, the compressor option for the fridge seems to be the same wide drawer affair that they have in the iSmove. The biggy is going to be storage I think as again like the iSmove it has no wall cupboards other than the two at the front and two over the kitchen block, if you have an oven or dishwasher or even both :unsure: then you have no storage under the sink/hob either.

The outside as you say looks pretty much untouched.

OOPs Edit, wall cupboards in the lounge on one side, just shown Jen and she said "yuk"

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Its better than the house im trying to buy not much difference in the price either can you do a loft conversion?

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Looks like only 2 models 880 and 920 at the moment so nothing particularly short, and is there a “bar version” in the options?

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
With sale features like Induction Hob, Coffee maker, Extraction Hood etc. it seems to be aimed more at campsite more than off-grid users.

Seating looks a bit like a waiting room.

I agree website was poor.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
With sale features like Induction Hob, Coffee maker, Extraction Hood etc. it seems to be aimed more at campsite more than off-grid users.

Seating looks a bit like a waiting room.

I agree website was poor.
When you get used to the web thing it’s actually not that bad Geoff as it moves and shows more detail, the brochure I posted is more user friendly though.

I think 600ah of lithium is an option so no problem with power, I see quite a few on the German liner forum that have 800 or 1000ah and 1000watts of solar as a minimum.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If anybody wants a walk around/through video with N+B CEO you might have to be on Facebook though? and in German of course.

DSL2

Free Member
Aug 7, 2022
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Any ideas if it's possible to buy as a UK purchaser from a German dealer to obtain a better price & earlier delivery at all? If so is there much to do to complete the UK paperwork?

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Any ideas if it's possible to buy as a UK purchaser from a German dealer to obtain a better price & earlier delivery at all? If so is there much to do to complete the UK paperwork?
I did this in October 2020, flew out to view a new van then flew back a week later to collect and drive home.
You can obtain insurance from thr dealer but it’s only third party so you have to drive extra careful 😳😳
Took around 6 weeks for my V5 to come through after sending off all the paperwork.

I saved around 12-15% so the way I look at it for the last couple of years and the next couple we are having our trips away for free😁😁
As we go to Germany twice a year the van gets serviced and any warranty work done while away.

Look on Mobile-De for new vans.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
If anybody wants a walk around/through video with N+B CEO you might have to be on Facebook though? and in German of course.

I missed this first time round. Why you would want a glass door between the living and the bedroom and bedroom and toilet is beyond me. It also going to take a lot of cleaning. Accessible black tank is a good idea. and like the storage boxes but I bet its an expensive option.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back