2020 Boxer sat nav update (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
Anyone know how to do this at home free ?
I've been to Pug website asks for vin no .once entered says use vehicle model...clic this says enter vin...ever decreasing circles own rear rapidly appearing !
Tried stelantis used fiat ducato then only option for sat nav model it offers all maps look at Europe 30gb zip file ....surely this can't be just an update ?
Not keen on paying silly money to update what I think is not a very good sat nav, when lots of choice of stand alone sat navs with free updates are available
Any suggestions/info very welcome.. please

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Anyone know how to do this at home free ?
I've been to Pug website asks for vin no .once entered says use vehicle model...clic this says enter vin...ever decreasing circles own rear rapidly appearing !
Tried stelantis used fiat ducato then only option for sat nav model it offers all maps look at Europe 30gb zip file ....surely this can't be just an update ?
Not keen on paying silly money to update what I think is not a very good sat nav, when lots of choice of stand alone sat navs with free updates are available
Any suggestions/info very welcome.. please
I couldn't find any way to do it without spending loads of dosh, as it's a pretty useless satnav anyway I didn't bother. Bought a Garmin Camper Satnav instead!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
only option for sat nav model it offers all maps look at Europe 30gb zip file ....surely this can't be just an update ?
updates are new maps.. not amendments to the old

on my Skoda, you have to download the new map file and install on the sat nav SD card ..

to do that you have to delete the old map file and load on the new file . you can only use the Skoda SD card for the Sat Nav .. any other wont work..

I took cold feet and decided it wasn't worth the risk of messing it up ..don't use it anyway..

I use Google maps On Car Play which is far better

It may and probably is different on a Pug ..

Have you asked on the Fiat forum ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Bargain bet you update every time a new one comes out::bigsmile:
I thought TOM TOM was silly at 1/2 that price
Seems to be a big draw back having any built in .Not the bonus it's marketed as.
We did buy our 6 inch tomtom with free lifetime European map upgrades 12 years ago. It's still going good even though we fitted a new screen and a new battery over the years .
We prefer that to the Pioneer

OP
OP
O
Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
Currently downloading 30gb from stelantis to computer ,guessing then unzip? &copy to memory stick ( how many GB will that be??)
Then put in van and wait(how long)
Note Tom Tom and others say for updates 8 GB memory stick ???

OP
OP
O
Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
We did buy our 6 inch tomtom with free lifetime European map upgrades 12 years ago. It's still going good even though we fitted a new screen and a new battery over the years .
We prefer that to the Pioneer
Same I've got TT and Garmin both with free updates, but recently found when trying to update Garmin I have to pay for updates as haven't updated for X time ...rip off

OP
OP
O
Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
Just a bit of an update ..spent hours downloading free 2023.12 update from stelantis website to pc,then 3+ hrs under packing zip files to memory stick,all done now,so should be a simple matter of ignition on stick in usb on van ,grow ankle length beard whilst waiting to be told all updated remove memory stick.Bit late in the day now so will try tomorrow 🙏

OP
OP
O
Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
Bad news for Boxer owners, tried to update sat nav this morning.... switch on ignitand head unit..put in usb drive wait for message on screen ... nothing.
Checked files on laptop ,nearly 30gb of them
all unzipped and appear fine
This was the Stelantis update for Ducato
so wether the boxer connect 5 is different software??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
O
Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun