2011 Peugeot Boxer windscreen scuttle tube detached? (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Since 2004
Hoping someone might be able to offer advice . . . to a very untechnical person 🙂

We’ve got a RHD 2011 Autosleeper Symbol on a Peugeot Boxer base.
Just gone to fill up windscreen wash and noticed that a tube, which I think takes rainwater from the windscreen drain out (maybe to behind the wheel?), seems to be detached at the top (see pic). I think this might be called a scuttle?
The tube is about 2’ long and seemed fixed firm at the lower end. The detached bit does not meet (by about half an inch) the top outlet bit from the windscreen drain.

Are we missing a bit at the top?
How does the tube normally fix to the top bit?

I’ve used some duck tape as a temporary fix but want to get it properly sorted. Have heard horrible tales of engines being ruined by rain water running from the windscreen drain . . .

Thanks for any advice.
5BC53E10-A55B-48E0-A5B2-9BE131AE9C85.jpeg

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
It appears to be just dropped down from the scuttle. This happens as the vehicle gets older. On my Ducati, the other end is behind the liner under the mudguard and can be released by removing said liner which is held in position by a few screws and removing gunk, leaves, etc that have accumulated. Pull the pipe up and secure with a jubilee clip.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
As L' Hobo says you should be able to pull it back up and reattach however I don't think that's the hose that goes down into the inner wheel arch:unsure:.

If it is the outlet immediately to the right of the wiper arm and not sure if your Boxer has the same bonnet \ panels as our 2013 Ducato but if it does it may be easier if you removed the "triangular" panel above the headlight as shown in this photo.

1654963329625.png

There is, from memory, one or maybe two screws on the inner edge which are accessible when you open the bonnet that hold it in place along with some studs under the panel.

So, you undo the screw\s and push the panel up from underneath. It does take a bit of a push though.

If it's not this one but the one to the right of the bonnet hinge this drops straight down behind the engine and discharges below \ behind this. Again, from memory, I think this is secured by a clip\s that may need loosened to permit pulling the hose back up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
It should just pull up a bit and be held on to the scuttle with a CLIC-R clamp although a jubilee clip will work just as well.

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
On our 2012 Bailey (Peugeot Boxer based) we had the same issue. I struggled to pull the tube up far enough to reconnect and secure with a jubilee clip so what i did was use the lid from a fabric conditioner bottle, cut the bottom off of it and this fitted snugly over both the tube and the section protruding from the scuttle. Fixed with jubilee clip.

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
We have a Ducato too absolutely crap design the bottom of the tube is flattened to get it passed the engine, so it gets blocked and it also dumps the rain water on the engine.
I’ve removed it and ran some crinkly pipe right down to the bottom of the engine bay so it runs under the engine. Secured by cable ties as it goes down to stop it moving.
Doesn’t block up so much now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
We have a Ducato too absolutely crap design the bottom of the tube is flattened to get it passed the engine, so it gets blocked and it also dumps the rain water on the engine.
I’ve removed it and ran some crinkly pipe right down to the bottom of the engine bay so it runs under the engine. Secured by cable ties as it goes down to stop it moving.
Doesn’t block up so much now.
I agree with you on the Ducato design. For the UK market it's on the wrong side of the scuttle so I have added another on the other side and put mesh in the top to stop crud getting down them.

OP
OP
Sedge5
Oct 12, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks for suggestions.
I’ve fixed it using a bit of corrugated tubing to fill the gap + self amalgamating tape + x 2 jubilee clips. Bit of a bodge and time will tell but we’ll keep an eye on it 🙂

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back