2 bike, bike rack on tow bar with Safe T bar

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by GaryH61, Jun 26, 2016.

1. GaryH61

GaryH61 Funster

Good evening all
    I want to fit a bike rack to my Elddis Autostratus LS SE on Peugeot Boxer MWB Chassis.
    Due to the position of the rear ladder I feel a normal bike rack will foul with the ladder preventing correct mounting.
    I have seen a tow bar mounted bike rack which seems to utilise a Safe T Bar for the base of the rack and the upright supports / lashing points are mounted on the tow bar.

Does any one have experience of fitting or better still qualified fitters of said items??

2. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

I had a safe t bar on an old van. massive amount of weight lost from the payload and especially the rear axle load

3. GaryH61

GaryH61 Funster

Does anyone one know where I can get a ladder mounted bike rack from in the UK. Have seen modified ones with a home made mounting plate but also seen this from the US

anyone know if there is a UK seller?

4. Glandwr

Glandwr Funster

I have a ladder and carry my spare bolted onto the back. Just got a 3 bike towbar rack and left inside one empty simples.

Dick

5. GaryH61

GaryH61 Funster

I take it you have a tow bar? I am wanting to modify or buy a rack to mount on a ladder that goes down the centre of the MH at the back or find a ladder mounted Rack as I don't have a tow bar and don't want to add to the expense by having one fitted?