18-19 foot motorhome but not a van conversion

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by kezweez, Nov 20, 2012.

1. kezweez

kezweez Read Only Funster

Hi all

My first post!

We are not yet motorhomers but the piggy bank is getting quite porky hopefully to make a purchase next year.

Have spent hours reseraching on the internet after starting by visiting the UK autumn fair at newark this year and only realising afterwards that it made sense to measure the driveway first to see what would fit!!!:Doh:

We like the idea of the swing shower wall and are looking for something up to four years old we think.

So far, have found the Auto-sleepers Nuevo/Lancashire at 5.63m and the Autocruise Starfire/Jolliet at 5.77m. This is the longest that we could fit on the driveway.

Any other recommendations or suggestions? We have friends with a Hymer 508 but they are wayyyyyy out of our budget!!! We're looking at a max of £30K if it's an outstanding vehicle.

Also, what sort of cheeky offer wouldn't be considered rude?! We have seen a beautiful vehicle which ticks all the boxes but is over budget at £34,995 although this seems to be about £3-4K cheaper than Traders such as Marquis sell for a very similar vehicle. What could I realistically expect to pay for it, cash with no part ex?

2. Stewart J

Stewart J Funster

I'd offer 30k, they can only say no :thumb:

3. Jez and Lin

Jez and Lin Funster Life Member

Try 10% off, brings it down to about what your budget will stretch to & I use it as a rough rule of thumb for Property / vehicle buying. Another thing in your favour is the time of year, cash buyer near Christmas (like Rocking horse s**t)
    good luck!!!!!!

4. simsy56

simsy56 Funster

Offer low, they can always say no, and you can go up. If you offer 32k and they jump at it, you will kick yourself!

Craig

5. injebreck99

injebreck99 Funster

Hi, our Swift Bolero 600 EK Compact ticks all our boxes, 5.9m long, easy to park, and luckily the origional owner ticked all the accessories list when ordering, so a great benefit to us.

6. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

I'd suggest the same as the others, .. make an offer below £30k.. that gives you a bid of bargaining space..

As an aside, just out of curiosity, why have you ruled out a panel van conversion ?

• Like Like x 2
  7. kezweez

kezweez Read Only Funster

Thanks for your replies.

Sadly, 'the ticks all boxes' vehicle has now sold :Sad:

ScotJimland - I can't even remember now why we ruled out a PVC. I think it was that we weren't keen on the sliding door option. Having looked again, the Trigano Tribute 650 is the closest thing to what we're looking for but sadly is too long for the driveway. 6m is too long, we're really looking at a max of 5.75m as we don't want to have to put it into storage when we get one