14 year daughter doesn't want to come on next MH holiday :-( (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
Spidey
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We are from North wiltshire near Chippenham. We like just exploring and seeing the island. Not bothered at all about theme parks, especially if it ends up just being the two us. If we had our daughter on tow we would ensure we did some things to interest her. We thought about getting a weekly bus ticket to use the busses on the island. That way you get a tour as well :)

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
My daughter is 23 and still comes away with us - I am clearly doing something very wrong!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
We are from North wiltshire near Chippenham. We like just exploring and seeing the island. Not bothered at all about theme parks, especially if it ends up just being the two us. If we had our daughter on tow we would ensure we did some things to interest her. We thought about getting a weekly bus ticket to use the busses on the island. That way you get a tour as well :)
:smiley: Hubby born in Swindon and parents-in-law used to live in Corsham, I come from Trowbridge (now Trowvegas!). Rover tickets very good idea for getting around the island, lots of interesting places to explore on and off the beaten track. Happy hols :smiley:

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
We lived in Box and I return to Luckingham to visit my best friend frequently. lovely part of the world., I still miss it.

How much does the ferry across to IOW cost? And time ?

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Time is between 30 mins to 1 hour depending on which ferry you use, cost is quite expensive either book direct thru a campsite they offer special all inclusive prices good value , if not doing that book thru c&cc they get 17% discount on prices.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Spidey, Just a few suggestions.
Fort victoria ( free parking )well worth a visit nice walk along sea wall into Yarmouth
Culver parade beach side car park (not free) opposite zoo, just up the road from dinosaur museum lovely sea views (also fab rock cakes from the cafe there).
Culver down , great views (can illegally overnight up here), lovely walks around the down & old fort
Appley park Ryde (free) just 100 yds from beach & nice walks along seawall to puckpool park or back into town.
Cowes park n ride opposite Aldi bus takes you into town and promenade & all the yachts etc
Blackgang to freshwater bay nice drive with several N.T. beach or cliffs car parks small charge.
Alum bay (coloured sands views of the needles , Needles battery (worth a visit) + old rocket stn derelict know. car park £5 a day
Osbourne house Carisbrooke castle both historical interest with large car parks.
Newport main town with the usual shops best car park coppins bridge CP ( not free)or Morrisons 2 hr free in town
Lake CP , nice cliff top walks or circular walk to Shanklin & Sandown along cliff back via seawall
Loads of pubs & restaurants all over the place
if you need gps for any just ask
bus pass's £24 for 7 days unlimited per person.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Spidey
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Wow thanks loads of info. Good to hear it is only 40mins in any direction :)

We only £175 for ferry and campsite combined, so thought that was a good deal. We are really looking forward to seeing the island :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back