Feb 15, 2014
Hastings
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Mustang
Exp
Since 2012
Hi,

I'm having trouble with the 12v system in my Motorhome.

I've got x2 brand new Banner Energy Bull leisure batteries 115ah banked up both of which have been fully charged with my ctek charger before use to 14.9v

I have a 3 stage charger in the Motorhome and a 140w solar panel and regulator MPPT

The problem is when I'm not on EHU and batteries are full I don't seem to be able to run much in one go.

For example I can run the water pump and LED lights as will go dim and flicker. I can't run the TV and a halogen light - the sound goes and the light flickers.

The water pump is also brand new. Everything runs fine one thing at a time and the batteries lasts ages before losing its charge.

The meter reads about 14.5v after a full charge from solar panel or 13.7v from the 3 stage charger.

I have removed all the battery clamps and rubbed the insides with sandpaper and also cleaned the battery terminals.

I've also tried it from the Vehicle battery to see if that makes any difference and it does not. That battery is 12v 800amp brand new battery also.

It just seems like it can't draw enough / much power/amps in one go.

Other things on the system is the truma c6002eh boiler and the dometic fridge which is running on gas.

Any ideas or suggestions would be gratefully received as I'm completely stuck.

Thanks,

Wayne

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
sounds very much like a faulty control panel causing a voltage drop

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Bad connection somewhere? Does earth strap (negative) on battery have good connection to chassis?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I'm in the 'bad connection' camp..

If not the battery(s) earth connection, is there a common earth connection on the chassis, a bolt with several wires ?

Look underneath along the the chassis rails.. if you find one undue it and clean the connections.

OP
OP
W

Wayne26

Free Member
Feb 15, 2014
Hastings
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Mustang
Exp
Since 2012
Thankyou guys. It was a bad earth underneath. All sorted. Thanks again for you help. Much appreciated.

Wayne

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun