12V PLAYING UP ON MY CONTROL PANEL (1 Viewer)

CAMPER KAZ

Free Member
Aug 17, 2016
CLEETHORPES LINCOLNSHIRE
Funster No
MH
LMC LIBERTY START 698G
Exp
2 YEARS
Hi Motorhomers,
I am a new member, a lone female, who owns a LMC Liberty Start 698G. Last weekend I was away with my son and grand-daughter. We plugged into electric on site. The control panel above the entrance door was showing 12v, water levels etc., everything was ok at first for about 4 hours until the 12v light went out. My son went into the garage to check on fuses, nothing had fused. The elektroblock seemed quite hot, we left the garage door open for a while. Within a couple of hours everything was working again, lights, fridge, water pump. This happened on a couple of occasions during the weekend. I have looked on different forums, someone suggested that the converter relay may be sticking. Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions what could be causing this.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Within a couple of hours everything was working again

Electroblock trips out on low leisure battery voltage. Then battery recovers and you can turn on the 12V again, for a while.

But the 240V side should keep going.

Electroblock is known for having a delicate charger that fails, can you tell if it is showing a charge to the leisure battery ?

OP
OP
C

CAMPER KAZ

Free Member
Aug 17, 2016
CLEETHORPES LINCOLNSHIRE
Funster No
MH
LMC LIBERTY START 698G
Exp
2 YEARS
Is there a reason for this failing? the leisure battery voltage was good as my son tested it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Is there a reason for this failing?

I don't fully understand what "this failing" refers to but elctroblock chargers are known to fail due to spikes coming down the hook up cable.

If the charger is working you should see a big charge current when you first hook up. Unplug for a few hours, plug in, look for a big charge, 10 to 16 Amps on the meter.

OP
OP
C

CAMPER KAZ

Free Member
Aug 17, 2016
CLEETHORPES LINCOLNSHIRE
Funster No
MH
LMC LIBERTY START 698G
Exp
2 YEARS
Ok right many thanks a bit technical for me im afraid. But thanks all the same. Just know this has never happened before been with motorhome now for two years and this is all new to me spikes and all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
you are possibly muddling up your units, the battery will have both Amps and Volts

I suspect you mean 13V on the meter, which was being used the read the battery voltage, but it might also have been showing the charger voltage, depending on when it was measured (before or after it tripped)

you could do worse than to turn off the electroblock for a few minutes then restart it, you might just get lucky, we have to do similar occasionally to cure odd events (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back