12 volt taps !

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by greyman1, Jun 16, 2012.

1. greyman1

greyman1 Read Only Funster

when i turn the kitchen tap on in my hymer, it switches the 12 volt water pump on in the freshwater tank . but when i use the shower tap in the loo it doesnt [the wires are intact and there is power going into the tap] . i take it that there must be an electo switch in the tap body, so does anyone know if this is repairable, or will it have to be a complete new shower tap unit ? thanks.

2. FULL TIMER

FULL TIMER Read Only Funster

sounds like the microswitch has gone in the tap or a break in the wire that goes back to the pump, to check just put a meter on the other wire to see if you get 12v when you turn the tap, if not from memory you should be able to pull off the tap handle and the microswitch is under it these are easily replaced, my mates kept playing up a while back and we changed his system to a pressurised one with a shurflow pump sat beside the tank with a master switch, an easy mod and you never have to worry about the little switches again.......Mark

• Like Like x 1
  3. motorhomelover

motorhomelover

I would agree the pressure system is much better and you should find the shower more powerful once fitted
    all American models are the pressure system very reliable but the pumps can be expensive over £100 :thumb: