Armytwowheels & Sid James - Grand Tour 2016/17 (1 Viewer)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
That looks really nice, quite sophisticated look going on there. Have a fabulous time in the New Forest bet it's one that will go down in History. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I think that, after all this partying you've been doing/going to do, you're going to have to have a quick cleanse before you arrive here if you want to do any real! riding :LOL:

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
What a difference - looks really classy.

Feb 23, 2016
The Netherlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic c
Exp
Since 2010
That looks very nice! We are thinking about it to, but still have to visit some companies to see how deep we have to dig in our savings. :LOL:

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
It looks a great job you must now be very careful for at least a week! hope you have a good trip tells us of your expedition.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
After a couple of liver pickling nights at Chez Popeye's and some last minute rally planning, we all move off in convoy to start setting up the meet ready for the Funsters to arrive tomorrow.

I think/hope this is going to be one hell of a meet. Photos to follow.

Last edited:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
What a great job done on the upholstery. Need to be careful with the foreign food spills though.

Have fun at the meet. Just too far for us.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Man plans and God laughs!

After a brilliant meet (even if I do say so myself) in the New Forest. Fate has decided to turn around and bite us in the bum, literally.

Colin has had raised results on two PSA test and following an internal today the doctor has decided he needs more tests. Which of course means our tour is now on hold.

Being the type of person he is, he is refusing to even contemplate what might be in store until he knows for sure, 100% without any doubt, so is carring on as usual, not a lot else to do really!

We might do a little UK tour within a couple of hours drive of Leicester, so when the appointment comes through we can be there with no hassle.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012

After a brilliant meet (even if I do say so myself) in the New Forest. Fate has decided to turn around and bite us in the bum, literally.

Colin has had raised results on two PSA test and following an internal today the doctor has decided he needs more tests. Which of course means our tour is now on hold.

Being the type of person he is, he is refusing to even contemplate what might be in store until he knows for sure, 100% without any doubt, so is carring on as usual, not a lot else to do really!

We might do a little UK tour within a couple of hours drive of Leicester, so when the appointment comes through we can be there with no hassle.
That's a shame but get Colin sorted, you can always re-start your trip later.

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013

Being the type of person he is, he is refusing to even contemplate what might be in store until he knows for sure
Good luck both of you.

We WILL see you both on the road in Spain later in the season.

Darren n Lynne xx

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Hope Colin can be seen quickly and that everything is OK. Will see you when we see you.

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
Sorry to hear that, have been through the same thing a couple of years ago, not pleasant but well worth checking out and hopefully all ok. Send him our best wishes, and hope you get on the road soon.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Oh Sandra, sorry to hear that and I hope everything turns out ok. It's just as well we didn't know that Colin was facing that examination today as I think he would have come in for some ribbing from the guys at the weekend! Fingers crossed and positive vibes sent your way xx

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Oh Sandra, sorry to hear that and I hope everything turns out ok. It's just as well we didn't know that Colin was facing that examination today as I think he would have come in for some ribbing from the guys at the weekend! Fingers crossed and positive vibes sent your way xx
To be honest, he did chat to some of the guys at the meet and found it a great help. He says he wants to talk about it openly as guys tend not to and they really should.

It's not definite that he has a problem but the doctor is not happy because she cannot tell him that he hasn't.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Good luck Colin(y) (even though you took great delight in making me suffer from "Inadequate torch syndrome" at the weekend:eek:).

Sorry to hear your tour is now on hold but as others have said best to make sure all is well before departing.:cool:

Great to meet you two again(y)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Good luck Sandra and Colin, we are going through same ourselves, biopsy on Friday. (y)

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We have decided that rather than sit around twiddling our thumbs we would go on a mini tour of Leicestershire and Rutland.

Currently parked up for the day at Normanton visitors centre and just about to go for a bracing (ruddy cold! ) walk. Will move down the road later on the stay at Lyndon Top campsite.
20161101_125811.jpg
20161101_125817.jpg
20161101_125821.jpg

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Hope Colin can be seen quickly and that everything is OK. Will see you when we see you.

I got referred by the doctor here after the yearly tests back in early February. Got an appointment for 13th March 2017.:( I'll be having another PSA test before then in January.:LOL: Don't know what they will do but having read about biopsies causing more problems than they are useful for I doubt we'll be going down that route.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
From what we have learnt over the last few days, the PSA test is as reliable as a chocolate fire guard. It all seems to depend on how well informed the doctor is and passing that info on to the patient. Even going for a run or a cycle ride the day before can give a false result.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back