Are SMC Newark bad or am I being unreasonable? (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Good call Popeye,
great help by knowing the name of whoever is head of department and passing said info on.
Name dropping in these situations can help.

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
I bought my Pilote from SMC, it was second hand, about 18 months ago and I've had no problems with after sales or any questions I've asked and would recommend them.

But one thought about your situation - would it not be a good idea to ask for some sort of recompense in the form of a good-will gesture from them?

A spare wheel if none fitted, a Satnav system, tank of fuel or some goody that you might appreciate would not only temper the pain and anguish you've suffered over the past weeks but would guarantee a 'feel good' write up on all forums you visit in the next few weeks and months.

Just a thought!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Hi and welcome to the fun club(y):LOL: Sorry to hear of the trouble you are having with the arrival of your new van:cry:, hope it will soon be sorted, and maybe a courtesy van could be supplied as some one else has suggested, seeing as you have booked for the BH. Good luck and hope all goes well.

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Congratulations on your new motor home. What model did you get? Now stump up your tenner and get off read only.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Ja, zis ist normal. Zees silly people have bought a frog, how silly is zatt. Hav they not seen a 2CV, zee french call it a car, ha, ha, ha, ha.
I've told you before, and I'll tell you again .................. you are a very naughty man and you should be punished!!!

The Dude
(recently UPGRADED to a very lovely Pilote so stick that dans votre derriere!

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Not in our experience with Hymer both the ones we have order we have been given a confirmation with delivery date & serial number of the van and both times they have been at the dealers a week or two before the due date.

Ours was late by over 8 weeks!!

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
(y)Ordered my benimar and given end of march date and it has landed spot on date from marquis ,uk / Spanish combo can get it right not just the Germans !:D

colinw

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bolton , Lancs.
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Under a year
Hello & welcome :welc:
Go back to site and express your concerns in the showroom in front of other potential customers , you should get their attention . good luck .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back