Best TV internal/external aerial (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2010
Funster No
MH
Chausson 611 Travel Line
Exp
Since 2008
Hi, Looking to get a top class aerial for my motorhome TV. I do not want a roof dome/dish but, rather, something compact that can be used either internally within the motorhome or externally (but without the need for a fixed external mounting). Have read a lot of stuff online but most is promoting their own product. Would welcome a third party view of "do's and don'ts" as well as recommendations. Thanks, in advance. MJG

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
If you don't want to do a proper job with a Status 550 then a normal cheap house type you'll have to make a bracket for £20 the lot.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi, try an avtex aerial I found that the one I got with my new tv was at least 3 times better than my status aerial .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Agree Avtex aerial much better than any Status that we have had plus cheaper & no hole in the roof! See Broken Link Removed

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
My experience of small indoor aerials is they are useless. We've got a massive aerial in our attic but we still lose the picture in heavy rain and there is an amplifier in the system. The problem is we live in a dip in the ground and to get a decent signal it needs to be mounted externally.

In a MH I suspect you will get a better signal in marginal areas with a roof mounted aerial and what the MH is made of will also be a factor.

If you have line of sight to the transmitter a coat hanger will work but you won't always have this.

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi Mike. Are you after a temp system you can use occasionally? As has been said a domestic type aerial will give best results with a stand such as http://www.sotabeams.co.uk/drive-on-car-stand-for-masts/ with a mast. It is big to carry but would work well. Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

homercostello

Free Member
Jul 11, 2010
kidsgrove staffs
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs globetrotter
Exp
9 years
Hi we bough a Falcon digital aerial from the stratford show and have been very impressed with it using it inside the motorhome
and have now sikaflexed it to the roof when i installed a solar panel and routed it thro the inlet box. this uses no power so great off grid.www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9aw-d_ez4s

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back