Free Member
May 31, 2012
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654SL Star Edition
Exp
since2012
We are hoping to get a few days away later this week, heading from Argyll to Fowey then Brixham possibly Southampton ending up in North Yorkshire, we will need to overnight somewhere between Exeter and Fowey then somewhere between Brixham and Southampton. There don't seem to be many sites open and I guess there may be a few which are flooded. All suggestions welcome.

Bob

rikfos

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Tencreek at Looe which has a heated indoor pool, fully serviced pitch at £20:thumb:

Whitsand Bay Near Cawsand at £15 inc. Electric heated indoor pool and fully equipped gym

at £15.

Hope this is some help.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Try Camping Caradon between looe and polperro. Bus stop next to reception.

If you are in the MCC there is a rally there w/e 14 - 16 Feb.

Lunarman

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Also Beverley Park at Goodrington is open. Bus Stop near to entrance regular services to Paignton, Torquay and Brixham

Lunarman

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The CC club site at Wareham (Cold Harbour) is open at the moment. Stayed there for one night last week - £15.00. Only problem is the pub 500 yards down the road is a swine to reach on foot as it is a busy road with no pavement.

Although it is beyond Fowey I can strongly recommend the site at Portscatho (Treloan). Open all year and an easy short walk along the coastal path or by a quiet road to the village for shops and pubs.

Look on my blog for 9th December for a few pictures from the area and the walks we did. http://www.oldmantravelling.co.uk/?page_id=177

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Although it is beyond Fowey I can strongly recommend the site at Portscatho (Treloan). Open all year and an easy short walk along the coastal path or by a quiet road to the village for shops and pubs.
Couple of musician friends of mine go there a lot - in fact they are the ones providing the music on the YouTube video about the site.

They absolutely rave about this site. Very laid back - probably wouldn't suit the stereotypical CC member, but I suspect a lot of FUN members would love it. On their recommendation (& now yours), it's on our itinerary for the next SW trip.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back