Through the Chunnel - for those with limited attention span (1 Viewer)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Roryboys Dad posted an interesting video here Broken Link Removed showing what it is like to go through the Chunnel. This was an informative video but being shot in real time takes time to watch.

However, if you have limited time and perhaps like me a limited attention span here is a much shorter version of the video - published with kind permission of Roryboys Dad.

So, down and through the Chunnel in 82 seconds:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYoiMOKFedU"]A Whizz Down the Chunnel - YouTube[/ame]

For the video buffs it was fed through Sony Vegas Pro twice to reduce the video down from the original 27:31 minutes to 1:22 plus I edited out a few small sections where not much was happening. It says something for the quality of the original video that it has managed to survive this treatment without too much degradation.

Last edited:

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
The same video sped up without any information,defeats the purpose of the original IMO.
A better option would have been to speed up the driving scenes but keep the dialogue at the key stages.If you've never been on the tunnel before it's the information you need.
Reminded me of Mrs Vlads driving when she's late! :ROFLMAO:

Vlad

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Sorry, should have said originally it was only meant to be a bit of fun. Keith's original video is what you need for information.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
What is the point of the video. When i go somewhere i have not been before I read the signs.
I must be missing something.

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
I think the short video was a good idea. I am now tempted to see the real time version. It was a bit of fun.::bigsmile:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
What engine does he have in that van? I want one.:Cool: On a number of occasions during the video I was nearly thrown out of my seat.:whatthe::winky:

Thanks for reposting:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back