Campsite / storage near Gibraltar ? (1 Viewer)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I am looking into flying home in Feb 2014 between the Morocco trip and the malaga meet. Some cheap flight in place.
Can anyone recommend possible campsites or storage so i can get easy transport access to LaLinea then walk into Gib for a flight ??

I know people do park in the town by the border but dont fancy leaving my pride and joy there :Eeek:

Bella Vista, where we are having the meet, is a possibility but that is quite a bit further north...

Ideas welcomed... :thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
malaga is best there is alot of storage places by the airport . or across the road heading towards the sea . not far from the n340 by guadalmar .big storage parking area .friends store stuff there .might be cheaper flights as well. .pm if you need more info .

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Camping SurEuropa - La Linea

Hi Steve,

We stayed at this camp site for a couple of nights about 2 years ago for a visit to Gib. Site is small and we just managed to get our 6m van on the pitch. It was very quiet and facilities are not modern but spotlessly clean. 15 minute (brisk) walk to frontier, there is a bus service but infrequent in winter, taxi is about €5.

Regards Bryan & Anna

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
malaga is best there is alot of storage places by the airport . or across the road heading towards the sea . not far from the n340 by guadalmar .big storage parking area .friends store stuff there .might be cheaper flights as well. .pm if you need more info .

I did Malaga last year and used storage nearby. Taxi cost more than the storage :Doh: but thinking rather than drive up there and back again maybe try Gib.. There are some flight back to Birmingham for £80 return plus they doing a £20 off deal at moment so very tempted to boook.

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Hi Steve,

We stayed at this camp site for a couple of nights about 2 years ago for a visit to Gib. Site is small and we just managed to get our 6m van on the pitch. It was very quiet and facilities are not modern but spotlessly clean. 15 minute (brisk) walk to frontier, there is a bus service but infrequent in winter, taxi is about €5.

Regards Bryan & Anna

Thanks Bryan / Anna.. I did find that earlier and read your PM.. will look into it but not sure ref size as ours is getting on close the 8mtr and a bit taller than yours as well.. :Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back