Free Member
Jun 29, 2013
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Ime a Newbie
Hi I am new here just got a N+B Arto took out insurance with Saga as they offered unlimited EU cover. Read up the policy summary now find that its only up to a max of 6 months in any one trip so that's buggered up the plans.

I work 28/28 on/off so intended to leave the van in secure parking France or spain apparently if we are not with the van its not covered and what do they mean by with the van, cant we get out for a walk, or more realistically spend the odd night not in it. buggered again.

Anyone know a way round this can the veicle and contents be insured elsewhere while in storage for a month at a time in varying locations so many folk leaving there MH in Europe and poping back there must be a way or have I just messed it up by going with SAGA it was in a hurrey due to needing to get the van picked up and home.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Welcome to fun Dave, insurance these days has so many clauses in them I doubt you would have found much better, but sure some one will be along who can tell you different.
:welcomefunster:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Usually they specify a limit from being away from the van BUT it is very limited 24 or 36 hours when outside of the UK..
Many, like me, do leave vans abroad on campsites and in storage while they fly home etc BUT you will find we are taking a chance,,, VERY VERY much doubt you will find anyone to give that cover...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
what do they mean by with the van, cant we get out for a walk, or more realistically spend the odd night not in it. buggered again.

Ask them, not us. But do it in writing or email so you have a hard copy.

Expect the worst off insurers and even then they may surprise you.

We've had good service off Safeguard but only ever claimed for a chipped screen.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back