Urgent advice needed autotrail door (1 Viewer)

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Can anyone help? I went out to motorhome this morning to check if all is ok.
When I'm came out I pressed the button on the key to lock the doors.The cab doors locked but habitation door wouldn't.....tried a few times but nothing.
I opened the door and pressed lock the bars on the door locked but now they won't move so I can't shut the door.
Can anyone suggest anything as my husband is in hospital so it 's down to me.
The van is a 2007 Autotrail.
I'm sure one of you lovely funsters will be able to advise a damsel in distress!!!
Anne

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Can you try unlocking with the key instead of the remote.
If the door is not closed then there is a chance the central locking will not work due to the door contacts being apart.

PS I hope your other half is ok soon.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Hi Anne,

I dunno if this will help and it's just a thought..........since you just had a lovely new alarm fitted might it be something to do with that? Don't shoot me:Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
if you can try to get the catch to open by using the internal handle and manipulating the catch then at least the door should shut then lock it with the key.

where abouts in lancashire are you???
im in lancashire at the moment near Colne so if your only down the road as it were i can come and have a look for you.

OP
OP
davanne
Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Thank you Andy ...everyone on here is always so helpful. We are about 30miles from Colne but as it happens my grandson just called and he has managed to free it using the internal handle and he has WD 40'd the door bolts and it all appears to be working.
Thanks to you all for your assistance and a special thank you to Andy for offering to look at it for me.:thumb:

By the way the alarm is independent from the central locking on our van blitz strikeback or so we were told at time of fitting. We lock the central locking by the button on the key and have a fob for the alarm.

Last edited:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
glad you have got it sorted hope hubby gets out soon.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
davanne
Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks Andy he has been in for almost 3 weeks pulmonary embolism and then pneumonia but hopefully may be hope this week.
Anne

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks Andy he has been in for almost 3 weeks pulmonary embolism and then pneumonia but hopefully may be hope this week.
Anne

Glad the wee problem was sorted, it was good that Andy offered to help out, just shows that the Funsters on here are the right sort of folk once again,

Best wishes for a speedy, successful recovery for Dave,

Ken :thumb: :drink:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back