World crisis, Brentford 4 Man U 0 (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I'm distracted by your avatar more than the result.
But,
It's going to be a long long season for the red half of the city :(
PaulyP ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
I'm distracted by your avatar more than the result.
But,
It's going to be a long long season for the red half of the city :(
PaulyP ?
Another new manager, couple of new players but mostly the same crap players that have managed to see off the previous managers, I think this new manager can do well but the structure of the club needs sorting and the owners need to sell up and give us a chance. It’s going to get worse before it gets better, we should be ok, it’s only Liverpool next.😂😂😂

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
2 games in, Liverpool beat Man City in the charity shield, and Man U and Everton’s lost both games, what’s not to like??:Grin::Grin:

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
They lost the first two games in 1992 and went on to win the first Premier League title, so no problem :giggle: Aaaahh just remembered they had a group of players that actually gave a shit and a manager that threw boots at them if they didn't :(
Things are very different theses days. Seems you can only afford to lose a couple of games per season such is the dominance of man c

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I enjoy a bit of football, but supporting Stoke ,it is a bit :(
But I can never understand with the wider world of football, why is it always a disaster if man u or city or Liverpool or Chelsea or even arsenal decline, it's football for every winner there has to be a loser, but if any of these big teams have a bad run every pundit has to come up with it's a national disaster and they have got to sign some other teams players, doesn't matter if the other teams don't want to sell, the seed will have been sown and the player won't rest till he gets a move.
Man u will still make millions of they lose every game so what's the difference whereas to some lesser teams it actually would be a disaster.
Why everyone thinks the top 6 have got to keep winning all the time escaped me else where's the enjoyment in the same old scores every week.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Fell out of love with Football many, many, years ago…….when I had to start Policing matches. 🤦‍♂️

I haven’t watched a game of any type be it league, Euro’s or World Cup since.

Luckily, I still have my Rugby.😊

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
They lost the first two games in 1992 and went on to win the first Premier League title, so no problem :giggle: Aaaahh just remembered they had a group of players that actually gave a shit and a manager that threw boots at them if they didn't :(
They lost the first three games !

Watched all the pre season tour games, beating Liverpool four nil, and playing really well in all the games. Had the attitude that if you loose the ball you win it back quickly, in the faces of the opposition, moving the ball quick and looking good.
Season starts and it’s a case of playing slowly thinking they have all the time in the world and the opposition are going to stand back and let you.
I’ve never known a game where the keeper has made a couple of howlers, just have to write this one off and start again.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I was at OT in the Stretford End when Denis Law scored the goal that effectively relegated us, Football Clubs, like any business can suffer declines (Man City were in the third division not so long ago), Liverpool finished 8th a few years ago, Arsenal haven't win anything for a few years, Leeds and Newcastle have both declined, but now look to be in the up ....
But that doesn't stop fans from feeling the pain, for me personally it hurts because results on the pitch don't affect MUFC as a business model in the short to medium turn, whereas I as a supporter would rather see good entertaining football being played, which to me is far more important than winning everything.
City and Liverpool, currently play great entertaining football and are a joy to watch at times, that's what fans really want!

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Things are very different theses days. Seems you can only afford to lose a couple of games per season such is the dominance of man c
I remember 2003/4 then 2004/5 the average games lost was 45mins to win the Title.

Arsenal won the Title without losing a game and Chelsea won the title the year after only losing one game.

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
I was at OT in the Stretford End when Denis Law scored the goal that effectively relegated us, Football Clubs, like any business can suffer declines (Man City were in the third division not so long ago), Liverpool finished 8th a few years ago, Arsenal haven't win anything for a few years, Leeds and Newcastle have both declined, but now look to be in the up ....
But that doesn't stop fans from feeling the pain, for me personally it hurts because results on the pitch don't affect MUFC as a business model in the short to medium turn, whereas I as a supporter would rather see good entertaining football being played, which to me is far more important than winning everything.
City and Liverpool, currently play great entertaining football and are a joy to watch at times, that's what fans really want!
I agree, but it’s the two worst clubs for us to be doing well.

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
I remember 2003/4 then 2004/5 the average games lost was 45mins to win the Title.

Arsenal won the Title without losing a game and Chelsea won the title the year after only losing one game.
Yes but the norm was not to lose more than six games.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
1660470533116.jpeg

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
Another new manager, couple of new players but mostly the same crap players that have managed to see off the previous managers, I think this new manager can do well but the structure of the club needs sorting and the owners need to sell up and give us a chance. It’s going to get worse before it gets better, we should be ok, it’s only Liverpool next.😂😂😂
Welcome to the real world of struggling. Being a season ticket holder at Southampton this is really the norm for us. When you have lost 9-0 two seasons running it hurts. Your team will pull through. Most teams cannot compete with the spending power of the " big 4". Leicester bucked the trend a few years ago but normal service was resumed.

Sep 17, 2020
Totton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Since Sept 2020.
Fell out of love with Football many, many, years ago…….when I had to start Policing matches. 🤦‍♂️

I haven’t watched a game of any type be it league, Euro’s or World Cup since.

Luckily, I still have my Rugby.😊

With you there - had to police the Stretford end every other weekend irrespective of what shift we were on (or day off). I was typically the only one watching the crowd and would make it clear I was looking for an excuse to leave, for example arresting someone.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I just get more angry every season that Sir AF's successor wasn't groomed for five years before his retirement to enable a smooth handover.
Not like it was a surprise when he retired.
The board and owners should hang their heads in shame

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I just get more angry every season that Sir AF's successor wasn't groomed for five years before his retirement to enable a smooth handover.
Not like it was a surprise when he retired.
The board and owners should hang their heads in shame
I thought Moyes was his natural successer

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back