Nov 26, 2011
Watton Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi
We are looking at a Dethleffs Advantage A7871-2SG 2008. Has anyone had or got one of these or know anything good or bad about them.
We only need it for 3 or 4 persons but as we plan to travel around Europe in the next 2 years would like to travel in comfort. We plan to be away for 6 weeks at a time probably 4 times a year.
Regards
Peter

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
hi we have one and so far no problems
ours is the rear lounge version so the garage area suffers a little bit compared to the fixed bed models.
ours also has the Alde wet heating system which is great although can be a little greedy on the old gas especially when its cold outside.
on the storage area lids on the floor in the habitation area the vinyl started to lift on one corner
so we cut about 2mm off 2 sides of these and fitted aluminium edging to stop this happening any further.

we full time in ours and although it has a good payload we are pretty close to the 5 ton limit.
i dont put too much in the rear garage area as it takes much needed weight off the front wheels and it does tend to spin the front wheels especially if setting off on a t junction.
and we normally get around 21 Mpg out of it.

anything specific you want to know just PM me and will gladly tell.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi
We are looking at a Dethleffs Advantage A7871-2SG 2008. Has anyone had or got one of these or know anything good or bad about them.
We only need it for 3 or 4 persons but as we plan to travel around Europe in the next 2 years would like to travel in comfort. We plan to be away for 6 weeks at a time probably 4 times a year.
Regards
Peter

Dunno but I have loads of different layouts and motorhomes in stock, why not have a browse, at least buying of us you will know who you are dealing with :thumb:

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
cheshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2001
dethleffs

Hi Peterpan , have got a Advantage T6951 , build quality fantastic , should be no damp on these babies , very well made , one criticism though they could put more thought into logistics.:winky:

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Did you buy your A7871-2SG in the end?
If so, what's your verdict?
I'm considering one and it's the end U shape lounge model.
Any comments?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back