Rally Malvern Caravan Show 30th Sep - 2nd Oct 2016 (3 Viewers)

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
Another great meet. A big thank you to Kate and Birthday boy Bill, for all there hard work. Also to Steve for is work, his stove, heating and to all the Funsters who made this a fantastic weekend. Shame about the entertainment on Saturday night. Looking forward to meeting you all soon.
A £688 tax rebate on my return, really toped this weekend off.
Safe journeys to all. John.
I forgot Anne for her nice curries

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
a big THANK YOU to @Ambilkate, kate
:bear:
for her untiring efforts to feed everyone and @Steve for his camp kitchen etc and for a super dooper weekend at Malvern. thanks to @jo-ca for the choccies and to all the funsters that attended to make it a great meet. The Saturday entertainment, although dire, was made better by all the funsters enjoying themselves anyway and facing the remaining food from Bills and Sophies birthday bashes that was passed up and down the table.
A fantastic meet(y):):):):):):):):):):)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
It was a sound issue not a performer one.
Why they hadn't got it set up correctly is beyond me... the band on Friday demonstrated that it wasn't a venue acoustic problem.
The most amazing thing was that despite the awful sound with 'Rod', no-one from 'BeeGees' cottoned on & made adjustments.
Also not understanding who was in charge of the "house lights"? Beyond incompetence. On off, got it right for about 30secs before turning back on wall illumination, totally negating stage lights.
Being nice - it was amateur hour.
Considering the numbers of paying audience, it was a monumental f*ck up.
As for the bar :mad:... Overpriced is expected, undrinkable beer is unacceptable.

Brian @hilldweller could you please let me know your "organisers" contact, I'd like to give them the benefit of my opinion :cool:.

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
To be accurate I put my own thoughts and said they were shared by many FUN members, as this thread and conversations clearly show.

It does not matter £33 £330 or 3p, they should not pass that drivel off as entertainment.
To be accurate I put my own thoughts and said they were shared by many FUN members, as this thread and conversations clearly show.

It does not matter £33 £330 or 3p, they should not pass that drivel off as entertainment.
Again

Again Brian , I am as an individual happy with what I got for my £33 , me not you or anyone else I was happy with it and stated that . I as an individual would not have emailed them . I am content with what I got . But I am not about to stop you doing what ever you want to do but I will ask you not to speak on my behalf as I and my family were happy with what we got . If however Funsters asked for me to contact the organisers on there behalf good or bad then I would do that . But not unless I had been asked . X Kate

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks, hoped you had a bigwig contact...

@Ambilkate
The paid entertainment was dire, the price isn't important. What is... is that they know, otherwise they may think everything was fine.
Luckily it was a small blip in an otherwise fun filled weekend & didn't spoil the (my) enjoyment.

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
A huge thank you to @Ambilkate kate and Bill for all their hard work and effort in making it a fab weekend.
Thanks to @Steve for keeping us warm!
Also, thanks to one and all for making the meet as good as what it was.
Lisa & Terry

P.s Terry totally agrees with @Langtoftlad
regarding the sound issue. It was still a great night though (y)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Thanks, hoped you had a bigwig contact...

No. I'm not that bothered to find The Man or Woman, but I did feel like having a good moan.

We don't go to many of these shows but over the years there has been the odd gem. I think one was The Stranglers, somewhere, total professionals, total talent, they had the audience in the palm of their hands. It was a joy to be there. They could have played 'till dawn and the place would still have been full.

Sep 30, 2008
Funster No
Thanks to Kate Bill and Steve for a great weekend. Thanks to everyone we chatted with for your company. Hope to meet you all again somewhere along the fun route.

Had a good night Saturday and can't complain about the music can I. (deaf as a post). I am very concerned about another matter though, several times in this thread chocolates have been mentioned. I didn't see any chocolates. I wasn't offered a chocolate, I didn't even see a chocolate wrapper. if this was a deliberate withholding of them for the purpose of upsetting me you have succeeded. I am deeply hurt. I shall forgive you (John, Kate and Bill) as long as I get double rations at the next meet.

See you all soon ( I hope ).

Anne

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks to Kate Bill and Steve for a great weekend. Thanks to everyone we chatted with for your company. Hope to meet you all again somewhere along the fun route.

Had a good night Saturday and can't complain about the music can I. (deaf as a post). I am very concerned about another matter though, several times in this thread chocolates have been mentioned. I didn't see any chocolates. I wasn't offered a chocolate, I didn't even see a chocolate wrapper. if this was a deliberate withholding of them for the purpose of upsetting me you have succeeded. I am deeply hurt. I shall forgive you (John, Kate and Bill) as long as I get double rations at the next meet.

Anne
I think Malcolm ate them, Pauline said she'd give you her last Rolo. :)

elfish

Free Member
Dec 16, 2014
london
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato
Exp
Thanks everyone for making me feel so wellcome. It was a pleasure and a privalige to be among the funsters.

Sorry i hid in the van so much - was working (and today sat myself in a national trust carpark & did the same)!

With respect to the sound & lights on saturday night...

All the sound was provided & set up on stage - no soundie or lampie once they were on the stage.

The Rod stuart tribute had a little vocal PA and no monitors. That was why he was so bassey and why it sounded like a gig at the Brixton Academy in the bad old days. A 'barn' can be vicious with too much volume... The poor guy was guessing! :-(

Also, i had a look at the lights. They were all set up for the Bee Gee tribute. The lights were all pointed in the position of that band. They obviously had more time to set up for a sound check & move the lights into the position they desired.

The Rod tribute had to make do - and probably had minutes to set up with his own gear.

Clocked the A&H mix wizard desk & the mackie speakers (used for monitors).

X

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Many thanks to Kate, Bill and Steve for the huge amount of hard work put in!
Great weekend, didn't see the acts so can't complain lol
And many happy returns to Sophie and Bill :)

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006

Anne[/QUOTE]

Lol Anne re chockies ;) last thing at night treats , you old farts were never there when John brought them in his lovely big bowl of treats , tucked up in bed We presumed till I heard about John Wayne lol ; ) oh except for Saturday night when you danced the night away wow what a night john travolta eat ya heart out never knew we had so many Funster men who could dance like that ;) xxx Amanda said she will give you her last rolo as well, me to :) xxx
See you two soooooooon xxx Kate

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years

Anne

definitely eaten by Malc ( or Jackson):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011

Anne
Anne were you when then:giggle: Extras for you next time.:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
well another great time was had with all you funsters .would also like to thank everyone for there donations to support mac millon cancer we all raised a massive £100.79 pence so thank you all for your generosity .look forward to the next meet

I have just received a lovely telephone call from Helen at the showground who organised the coffee morning and the auctioning of the cake for Macmillan cancer support . She was so touched and thanked us for our collection £100.79 and for our support .
She lost her husband to cancer and also recently lost her dad . Her mother was there to help her with the coffee morning who i had the pleasure of meeting and thanking them both for doing the coffee morning . i have said next year if she runs the macmillan coffee morning a few funsters have said they would make some cakes as cancer has touched so many of us and would love to help x The total raised was £1135.60p

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
I have just received a lovely telephone call from Helen at the showground who organised the coffee morning and the auctioning of the cake for Macmillan cancer support . She was so touched and thanked us for our collection £100.79 and for our support .
She lost her husband to cancer and also recently lost her dad . Her mother was there to help her with the coffee morning who i had the pleasure of meeting and thanking them both for doing the coffee morning . i have said next year if she runs the macmillan coffee morning a few funsters have said they would make some cakes as cancer has touched so many of us and would love to help x The total raised was £1135.60p

When are you starting the list for next year Kate?:LOL::LOL:

Sep 30, 2008
Funster No
I think Malcolm ate them, Pauline said she'd give you her last Rolo. :)

My mother told me never to trust the word of a man who's eyes were too close together, ( or was it too wide apart ) whatever. Anyway, accusing Malcolm of eating the chocolates was beyond reproach.

I do believe it was you who consumed the items in question, you then persuaded your good lady wife to offer her last rolo to temper the dastardly deed.

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
My mother told me never to trust the word of a man who's eyes were too close together, ( or was it too wide apart ) whatever. Anyway, accusing Malcolm of eating the chocolates was beyond reproach.

I do believe it was you who consumed the items in question, you then persuaded your good lady wife to offer her last rolo to temper the dastardly deed.
You know me too well:rolleyes:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
No. I'm not that bothered to find The Man or Woman, but I did feel like having a good moan.

And here is the reply.......

Thanks for your email & observations.

We’re glad that you general comments are positive & we’re sure you agree that with the £10 promotion code you used, £23 for the pitch represented exceptionally good value.

While we have PA system built into the hall itself, the sound equipment used on Friday & Saturday evenings were supplied and sound checked during the afternoon by the bands themselves. This is because each band will have their own requirements in terms of the exact equipment they need. Friday’s equipment was different to Saturday’s.

The performers themselves were recommended to us and we do listen to them but it is only through the internet because it would be impractical to go to see literally dozens of alternative acts perform live. Our colleagues at Warners, checked and approved the choices.

===================================

I and all the FUN people were delighted by the show and bargain price. Thank you for that.
But you let yourselves down with the Saturday entertainment, I've given you feedback so that hopefully next year's will be even better.
Everyone was happy with the great 60s mix on Friday.

===================================

>> Our colleagues at Warners, checked and approved the choices

I'll bet there's a whole lot behind that statement.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back