Rally Peterborough Show - The Big One (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
It was good to meet a number of the members in the marquee over the course of the weekend (our boxers certainly took advantage of the fuss offered them and the odd leg to lean against). Thanks to all that brought cake etc as it made for a great 'elevenses'!

Thankfully, one or two vehicles had made their escape before we did as I was a bit concerned that the zig zag route that would otherwise have been necessary to get off the field might have resulted in us getting stuck. So, the use of snow chains, a few judiciously placed planks and a reasonable clear run down to the road saw us off the field without any problems!

Until next time, happy camping!

Ian & Linda

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
we never made peterborough, but went south to Clmper park, we saw a lot of vans coming north, refugees? from the show?

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Just like to say a big thank you to @Brisey Pamela & Brian. @toledo Dave & Polly and @lunarman John & Angela for their amazing marshalling in some very unpleasant conditions you all deserve medals. Also thank you to @martin1485 and @dabhand Simon for entertaining us in the marquee along with Dave for the Karaoke for a great Fun evening as usual, Despite the weather we had a great week end catching up with old friends and meeting new.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 8, 2010
Kent the white cliffs end
Funster No
MH
LeVoyageur Lvx 8
Exp
Not long enough
Well got home ok we had a nice time this was our first big show we have been to shame the weather was crap but met some smashing people and a nice chat with Brian,
A Big thank you to Jim Sian and the Marshalls(y)

Just need to get all the mud off the van now:(

Jul 25, 2010
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2009
Would like to add our thanks to the marshalls for a fab weekend at Peterborough. And to @tattytony for giving us a helping hand when we got stuck, despite being parked 2ft from the road :LOL:

Nov 23, 2015
Burwash, Horsham & The Dordogne
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2016
Thank you to @Jim and all the marshalls, you all did a great job. We enjoyed our first Peterborough Show, a bit miserable in the cold rains, but we were glad we stayed till Sunday pm, which turned out to be a lovely sunny day! Many thanks to Tony, and Terry and ? Tracy (sorry if that's not right), Kevin, Sonya and Sue whose BBQ we gate crashed...very nice to chat with you all. Good luck to Steve and Liz with new MH...Good on ya! Great to catch up with you Rob and @Anthea M. Lovely to meet you John and Catherine @Stagman.
Until next time......

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Thanks from me also to all the Marshalls and helpers plus unsung heroes who pushed,shoved and heaved vans when they got stuck! Also Jim, can't of been easy being away from the family over the weekend. Fingers crossed I can get off the grass this morning, and save journey everyone.

Until next time, take care everyone.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Another meet over and i must say what a fantastic time i had,this must rate as the best yet,no good naming ppl to thx cause its just THANKS TO EVERYONE,and if @Jim every needs a Alouette again gimmi a shout lol tc all,safe roads and if i cant get back before either cya in benidorm or hopefully next year

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Another thanks from us to @Jim for being with us despite his problems, we hope your daughter gets well soon. Also special thanks to all the marshals who stood in the rain and bitter cold conditions to see we were all parked up where we should be. Also thanks for the entertainment and the thousand and one things that were done to make our weekend great.
Steve & Judy
In the French LeVoyageur

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Thank you to Brisey and Pamalaaar, Dave and Polly, for their hard work marshalling the event, you are on our Christmas list;) we had a nice few days regardless of the weather. Back to sunny Norfolk for now.
Sorry to be so rude I missed @lunarman John & Angela, but your on the Christmas list now(y)

Aug 23, 2011
Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Lyseo 727g
Exp
since 2011
Home after a very arduous half hour journey and a few tense moments thinking that we may be the first to have to get towed off this morning, despite being moored in the shallow end. I blame all the cake for making us sink!

Thank you to the marshalls for all their hard work and thanks to all the other Funsters for making it such a great event. Best comment I overhead at the fun stall yesterday was "I'm joining you lot - you get the best pitches!"

Paul & Debbie

Attachments

• 20160418_102219.jpg
    20160418_102219.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 51
May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Another vote of thanks to Pamela & Brian @Brisey, John & Ange @lunarman and Dave & Polly @toledo for their marshalling in some very unpleasant conditions, cold, wet, wind and mud. Must thank Polly for advising on a local eatery, only a couple of miles from home, but never been! Even being in the middle of the field, we got on and off with no problems. Looking at some of the postings on the MCC site, we were very fortunate.
Just driven through the NEC and thought the acres of empty carparks would provide ideal 'hard standing' for a big rally, and for day trips, cheap flights to Malaga from the airport.
Hope everyone got off without too much stress and home safely.
Norman & Odette

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Just arrived back at home ,good journey no traffic(y) got off the field no problem,once again a big thanks to all who helped with the rally.great bunch. Hope you all get to your destination safely.
Brian & Jo

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Arrived home a couple of hours ago after a reasonably easy drive off the field - much to be said for trays/ramps under the wheels whilst pitched :) It's going to take a while to wash the mud off though :D
Many thanks as usual to Pamelaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr & Brian, Polly & Dave and, John & Ange for their care in getting us pitched to enable that drive off in the first place, and the thousand and one other things they did.
It was nice to meet some new faces as well as old ones on the field and in Jim's exhibition stand. We would have met more but only spent a short time in the marquee on Sunday morning because the background noise plays havoc with my hearing these days.
Nobody can do anything about the weather but I was disappointed with the show itself because there were so many of the usual traders absent. Talking to one or two of the others it appears to be a financial matter in the pitch costs have risen to the extent that it isn't worth some attending. I've no idea whether that is due to the organisers simply passing on high venue costs or some other reason but if the trend continues it won't be worth going in future.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Just got home, well done all the marshals, can't have been nice in the sh*tty weather we had, tried to say ta ra to most but left reasonably early, sorry if I missed you, no probs getting off field, it had dried up nicely after Sunday's sun. Thanks to Jim for being his lovely affable self and saving everyone a shed load by not having to buy a coffee at the show!! And thanks to Martin @martin1485 for joining with me in a couple of hours of musical mayhem!!
Cheers to all that fed me and those that offered, enjoyed your company.
See y'all next time
Simon

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Only an hour home for us. We got off the field easy peesy, but think one or two who chose to park nose up hill may have struggled. Thanks to Pamelarr & Brian (Brisey), John & Ange (lunarman) and Dave & Polly (toledo) for all their hard work in often poor conditions.
Thanks to Simon (Dabhand) and Martin (Martin1485) for their musical renditions and to the pub singers, and ale carts who made Saturday night so enjoyable.
Thanks to Bob & Val (Weekenders) for Sunday morning scran and thanks to everyone else we haven't mentioned.

Ken & Lynda

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Fanks to all the Marshalls who kept a smile against the odds. Fanks to all the funsters who made us laugh again and again and a special fanks to Jim for being there when many would have not. Hope Katie recovers quickly!
Fanks gang!
Bernie & Rona

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Well, that was our first Funster rally and what can I say!

A sincere and massive "thank you" to all the marshals and of course Jim, and everyone else who was involved in the organisation of a superb weekend.

We didn't do much of the Funster stuff and went to the official entertainment, which I have to say was fantastic and worth the price of the tickets alone. Why some of the musicians haven't made the big time is beyond me.

We thorough enjoyed the odd bits of Funstering that we did, and it was great to put names to faces (too many to recall here!) at last.

Spent shed loads of money but very pleased to get Gaslow installed at the show, even though I struggled to get the gas filled up at the pump due to user error. The day was saved by another MH owner ( didn't have a sticker on) who was able to show me the ropes. If you are on the site, thanks again for your help, you know who you are.(y)

As first time rallyists I'd definitely say to anyone teetering on the edge to just do it, you couldn't meet a nicer set of guys and gals, and there is genuinely no pressure on you to get involved or stay away. You really can do your own thing and no one seems to mind.

Thanks again to everyone for a super weekend, and safe and happy travels to all.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Despite the weather conditions, we had a great time. I'd like to offer a massive thank you to the Marshals, Brian, Pamelaaaaar, Dave, Polly John and Ange. With intelligent field management, they managed to get most funsters welcomed and parked up without incident, what a fantastic job. :clap2:

In the marquee we were entertained by Dave who managed the Funster Karaoke on Friday and Sat, and the excellent voices and guitar skills of Simon and Martin on Saturday night. Thanks guys, I really enjoyed it, but you probably noticed that :blush:

I'd also like to thank all those that helped in the Funster tea tent, it was full most hour of every day and we used 1100 cups. That is a lot of tea, coffee and chat!!! Not only did these volunteers make gallons of tea and coffee they chatted to people about the club and their infectious enthusiasm meant we had plenty of new members signing up. Thank you all very much.

I also had plenty of help packing up, thanks again.....I left the showground at around 7pm last night but by the time I made Wales I could feel the nods coming on so pulled over for a nights sleep. Arrived back home at 8 am this morning. Thank you all and see you at Newbury (y)

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
A BIG :dance: To all who organised the great weekend at Peterborough,
even though the weather wasn't very good, but it takes more than a bit of rain and some hailstones to put the dampers on a funsters weekend. Well done again to all the helpers :clap: (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y).
Mew and Mick

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
Just like to thank the marshals for a fab job over the weekend really enjoyed the show even though the weather not that good

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Thank you to all the marshals for parking us up on a field that was not too muddy.
Thanks for the Friday night karaoke, and Saturday night guitarist, Simon and Martin, great night singalong.
It was great meeting old funster friends and also meeting new ones, tea and coffee helping out was great on the funster tea tent, meeting newbies.
We did miss you Sian and Katie, hope Katie is feeling better and on the mend.
We got off the field Sunday tea time really easy, see some if you on a rally soon

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
A big THANK YOU to the marshal's for seeing us in nicely, also thank you to Jim for turning up to the Rally our best wishes to Sian & Katie. Thank you for getting me back onto the Forum(y) much appreciated

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Thanks to the marshalls who must have got very cold. Didn't spend much this year, (£24k less in fact:Eeek:) Managed to sell a surplus round table to @Dawn B after she saw mine, but the crafty woman has sold me a fold up bike for more than the table, I also have to deliver table to collect bike.
But she gave me a gift wrapped box of vanilla fudge, naturally I asked her to sample one but she refused:eek:, gave one to the dog who was still alive the next morning:). Enjoyed @Jim and @ukbill doing their double act.
We noticed less "SOLD" cards in MH windows than previous years, however went to buy front floor mats for Ducato, stall holder had sold out having sold 65. Yet MH dealer sold 9 MHs this compared to 16 last year.
Drove straight off the grass this morning (y)

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
I spoke with Polly @toledo this morning as we left and thanked her for helping with a great rally. The marshals all deserve a medal as far as I'm concerned! We didn't use the Funsters tent on this occasion and feel that we maybe missed out on some great entertainment, but our warm van was very difficult to leave in an evening :) another time.........(y)

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Had a great time as expected catching up with new and old friends, big thank you to @chippy63 for installing all my new LEDs (26) (y) Thanks to @Jim for parking me one foot away from the road:hi5:and I still had to wave down a tractor to pull me on to the road :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: great seeing the @laird of Dunstan @SteveandDenise @ukbill Tom&Sue etc etc etc (y)
Newbury next for us and already looking forward to it:sun:

Rob&Jane:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back