Ducato (2013) 150ps model: DIY service (1 Viewer)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Looking to do the next service on my Ducato based camper when things warm up a little, perhaps at Easter. Is there access to a service guide any where ? I guess it's oil, oil filter and air filter ?

Not done big miles but I guess the winters aren't kind on the oil.

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Oops, thanks....

Will start tracking down my parts on eBay

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Not sure which fuel filter that vehicle will have but if it is the unreliable plastic housing job I would leave well alone. Alternatively make sure you use the correct actual Fiat spare, the proper tool and a torque wrench or replace the complete unit (expensive).

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I'd give give europarts a look as well..... Put in your Reg on their search and it will come up with all the parts for you..(y)

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
This is the diesel filter tool,

Broken Link Removed

You will also need a torque wrench for the correct torque setting.

John.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
2013 should be the new filter.
No longer a problem

Mel

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
2013 should be the new filter.
No longer a problem

Mel

Possibly or possibly not, we have only seen a fistful of motorhomes with the new filter fitted and none have been prior to 2014. New style filter is only available from main dealer and price is high even though its made in China.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
It should be possible to download a Fiat X290 Owner Handbook from here

Details of scheduled servicing begin on Page 230 (of the Handbook copy I have) and indicate that the interval is 2 years or 30,000 miles for the majority of service tasks.

This might also be useful

Reset oil service light indicator Fiat Ducato 3

March 28, 2014indicator reset

How to reset oil service light Fiat Ducato III.

Reset oil service light Fiat Ducato 3. From year: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2001, 2012, 2013, 2014.

Engine oil level gauge.

This gauge shows the engine oil level.

Versions with digital display.

Turning the ignition key to MAR, the display will show the engine oil amount by displaying five symbols.

Partial gradual turning off of the symbols indicates oil decrease.

If the oil level falls below the preset limit (topping up is therefore required), the five dashes will start flashing on the display.

The oil level is correct when 4 or 5 symbols are turned on. If the fifth symbol does not turn on, it shall not be considered as a failure or low oil level in the sump.

IMPORTANT Proper engine oil level shall however be checked by means of the dipstick (see paragraph “Checking levels” in section “Vehicle maintenance”).

Few seconds after, engine oil amount symbols will disappear from the display, and:

· if scheduled servicing interval is near to come, the display will show the distance to cover and the instrument panel warning light Reset key service Fiat Ducato third generation will turn on. When reaching the scheduled servicing interval the display will show some dashes.

· then, if engine oil change interval is near to come, the display will show on the top of the screen the distance to cover to next oil change together with message “OIL” displayed on the bottom of the screen. When reaching the scheduled servicing interval the display will show five dashes.

Versions with multifunction display.

Turning the ignition key to MARthe display will show the oil level by the turning on/off of five symbols.Partial gradual turning off of the symbols indicates oil decrease. The oil level is correct when 4 or 5 symbols are turned on. If the fifth symbol does not turn on, it shall not be considered as a failure or low oil level in the sump. When the oil level falls below the preset limit the display will show the dedicated message to warn the driver that topping up is required. IMPORTANT Proper engine oil level shall however be checked by means of the dipstick (see paragraph “Checking levels” in section “Vehicle maintenance”).

Few seconds after, engine oil amount symbols will disappear from the display, and:

if scheduled servicing interval is near to come, the display will show the distance to cover and symbol Reset key service Fiat Ducato third generation. When reaching the scheduled servicing interval the display will show a dedicated message.
then, if engine oil change interval is near to come, the display will show the distance to cover to next oil change. When reaching the scheduled servicing interval the display will show a dedicated message.
All information are taken from Fiat Ducato 3 owners manual.

Indicator Reset Light Service Fiat engine oil, Fiat Ducato, How to reset, ignition key, IMPORTANT, information, level, MAR,multifunction, oil change interval, OIL RESET, Reset oil service, screen, service light Fiat Ducato 3, symbol, the engine oil, warning

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back