What Makes your life easier whilst M.H.'ing (3 Viewers)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Watering can.............. no electricity, nothing to break, all done in less time than it takes to bu*ger about with hose or pump or moving the van.

And the bully bonus is you keep fit and avoid boredom!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I'm also a fan ox the X hose, takes up no room at all. Use a 5 litre plastic petrol container for top ups when on site, prefer this to a watering can as it has a flexi nozzle. I borrow my sisters 20 litre container and use my external 12 volt sub pump to draw it up when we are away together. Storage space being an issue in my panel van can't justify a large container myself. Also use a collapsible bucket for the waste.

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
4 bungees and a rope. Makes amazing clothes line from anywhere, tho may have a problem if in the desert, which is likely given my navigation skills, also doubles to fix things to bikes, kayaks, towel holder if using the outdoor pocket shower, kitchen roll holder, oh and beating mr snowdrops up if he whinges about above navigation skills :)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Resurrecting an old thread "because it's worth it".....

Today I sorted through our box of various chargers and leads. Each was then identified and "bundled", held together with a velco strip (probably bough at Lidl or Aldi but may be available elsewhere) and labelled with the ID of the device it belongs to. They are even colour coded - orange for phones, blue for Kindle, white for Galaxy and so on. It was very satisfying and hopefully will save time in the future.

It would be nice to make a bag for them with a space for each lead and charger but I don't have time at present :)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
[QUOTE, why I often ask myself do people use a watering can? [/QUOTE]
We don't all have room for a big container :) but second the gaslow and solar panels, also corkscrew and memory foam mattress topper

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
Happy Bowls ? What's wrong with a thin, single ply paper napkin ? Been using them for years and a thousand pack lasts for ages and no chance of gumming up the works.

Other useful items ? Blutack, assorted Velcro ( stick on, sew on etc) bag ties, suction hooks, scraps of non- stick matting, a ball of string and other odds and ends are always coming in handy for running repairs or improvising something useful.

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
The I boost from motor home wifi. So We can both be online reading motor home fun from a single free connection. It pays for itself. (y) The lady at check in says you can only connect with one unit at a time:active: little does she know:moon2:

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Put the excess boiled water in a vacuum flask, ready for the next cuppa. whether on the road or parked up.
Never have excess hot water! Two cups of cold water go into the low wattage electric kettle heated curtesy of the sun/ leasure battery does for us, saves on gas and quicker too,

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Somebody on here had a long pipe tube which runs along the garage roof.. It's for awning winder , flag poles and other long thin things.. Foam in each end stops rattling.... an extremely useful addition

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
20 litre jerrycan and a round 90 degree 'L' bend guttering connector from B&Q....fits the water filler hole snugly and makes it much easier to add water without a hose. found the tip in a MMM mag ages ago. 3.2m extendable ladders to get on the roof to keep the solar panels clean :)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Somebody on here had a long pipe tube which runs along the garage roof.. It's for awning winder , flag poles and other long thin things.. Foam in each end stops rattling.... an extremely useful addition

We've got a plastic (fishing) tube that is fixed by velcro straps to the underside of our bed in the garage & do use for long thin things ! See Broken Link Removed - cheap enough & very handy (y)

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Solar panel
LED lighting
12v chargers/adapters for every electronic gadget
Refillable gas cylinder
Aire POIs on SatNav
SatNav that adapts route in response to live traffic conditions
Fresh water and grey water jerrycans for by-passing MH queues at aire service points
LCD thermometer added to the fridge
Ciggie plug voltmeters to keep tabs on battery condition
Some old wire freezer trays on the back bunk for keeping food and drink in
A couple of flatpacked cardboard storage boxes in case I buy a pile of old tat at a flea market
An adapted kiddie trailer for my bike - handy for local supermarket trips when I don't want to lose my aire parking spot, taking bog cartridge and jerry cans to distant service points, and transporting surfboard & wetsuit to beach.
Duck tape
12v soldering iron
Multimeter

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Solar panel
LED lighting
12v chargers/adapters for every electronic gadget
Refillable gas cylinder
Aire POIs on SatNav
SatNav that adapts route in response to live traffic conditions
Fresh water and grey water jerrycans for by-passing MH queues at aire service points
LCD thermometer added to the fridge
Ciggie plug voltmeters to keep tabs on battery condition
Some old wire freezer trays on the back bunk for keeping food and drink in
A couple of flatpacked cardboard storage boxes in case I buy a pile of old tat at a flea market
An adapted kiddie trailer for my bike - handy for local supermarket trips when I don't want to lose my aire parking spot, taking bog cartridge and jerry cans to distant service points, and transporting surfboard & wetsuit to beach.
Duck tape
12v soldering iron
Multimeter

What MSB said,,,, plus the best ever - air suspension. Oh' how I love my air assisted suspension - makes life so easy and long distances, busses and trucks are no longer a bind and off motorway bendy routes now a dawdle.
This teamed with never needing EHU (unless it's free) due to a superb solar system.

Trikeman.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
:) Always save any left over water out of kettle after boiling. Bottled then kept in fridge for drinking.(y)
We boil a full kettle first thing then pour the excess water into a stainless steel thermal jug. Then we can make the next few coffees without having to boil the kettle. For us its more the time saving, but it saves steaming the van up and saves gas also.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
For us its having a MH that suits and now we finally have it right. Mums area is the cooking /dining area while I do the man jobs so get to relax in the u shaped lounge while mum does the cooking/dishes cleaning etc.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We boil a full kettle first thing then pour the excess water into a stainless steel thermal jug. Then we can make the next few coffees without having to boil the kettle. For us its more the time saving, but it saves steaming the van up and saves gas also.
Mum does the same into a thermos pump flask. Great for getting out of bed in the morning and having a cuppa ready.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I endorse the dustpan and brush. Essential companion to any camping/caravanning/motorhome holiday.

We do have a 12v vacuum cleaner and it's excellent - but if you attack often enough with the former it isn't honestly necessary to vac all that frequently.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back