Morocco 2015 (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Some of the scenery along the way ! Say no more ! (And this is a tiny sample of whats out there !)
IMG_6817.JPG

IMG_6820.JPG
IMG_6836.JPG
IMG_6841.JPG
IMG_6852.JPG

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
El Scorcheo in Tafraoute this morning, but the time has come to move on. I think Tafraoute has been my favourite place so far and it was very tempting to stay longer, but so much more to see and only 3 weeks left.

What a lovely week it has been camping with the Funster gang.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
@Philippft resize your photies down to around 400 pixels wide then they are small enough for faster upload (and less mb used) but still good enough to show here.
We've got lots of piccies like yours - it's quite stunning scenery isn't it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Moved up here to Safi, Camping International, yesterday via coast road, nice run not too rough. Despite what others have reported it's no worse than some and a lot better than many we've experienced, and not only in Morocco. If we've got any complaint it's the local dogs (one in particular I'll do for if I catch him!) barking well into the night.

Not long after we arrived Desert Detours (Dutch version) turned up with 20 vans, and another 20 expected tomorrow. They're in week 2 of a 50 day tour for which they're paying - wait for it - almost €3000 per unit!!!! Covers ferry, 15 excursions and 12 meals!

Then inevitably today a number tried to connect to the one spare socket on our bollard and within a few minutes the whole shebang caught fire! Luckily someone managed to disconnect our leads without damage, then would you believe, turned the water hose on it!!!!

But, give the site staff their due, new sockets had been wired in and operative within 90 mins - but someone has been told quite forcefully to ...............!

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Just browsing some of our photies and remembered this one thought you might like. Possibly the smallest motorhome in the world? Tucked themselves in next to us.

IMG_3208.jpg

It's owned by a Moroccan hippy who has spent time in America as well as other places and is apparently on the point of opening a French restaurant in Essaouria. He's currently FULL-TIMING in it with his girlfriend (and dog). I reckon the space inside as about the same size as the bed in our van but they seem to have everything they need!

Oh yes, and he plays a mean Spanish guitar.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Phil, settle the argument then - what WAS the state of the R12 from Foum ZGuid to Zagora?
The road is fine, a little rough in places and a couple of diversions, as stated in my previous post. Otherwise you can get along at a decent pace.
Now today was a different story. From Zagora to Merguza was fine for the first 3 miles then a sign that has improved my french considerably. Piste for 49 kilometers. The first 14 miles are about shaking, the next 14 miles are about vibration. I drove at 20 MPH and we are none the worse after the drive. (Mind you, I do have a set of Continental camper tyres fitted and they took the rough in their stride). After that, the road opened up again and away we went. If your considering using this route, look out for some dark patches where pot holes have been repaired. Slow down for these, the repairs are not 100 %. The last 60 miles was indeed an 80 MPH road. I was doing 70 and it was OK. I did have to cross a river mind you.! A bridge was down and all traffic diverted through the river. I thought oh shit! but to my great surprise went across quite easily. I suspect it will be easier as the days goes on as the river will drop further, and /or they will make the crossing better.
I am now parked up at Hotel Kenz Rimel, next to Kazbah Timbuckto which no longer allows motor-homes to park with a view of the dunes, due to development work. So now next door with smashing view of dunes (right in front of my Hab door) and even cheaper than Timbuckto. (50 MAD with lecce and access to all hotel facilities. Plan to stay here for at least 5 days and now chilling with a bottle of red. Pictures to follow tomorrow........perhaps.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Piste for 49 kilometers. The first 14 miles are about shaking, the next 14 miles are about vibration. I drove at 20 MPH and we are none the worse after the drive.
Same as last year then.
It'll be great when they finally get round to putting some black stuff down.

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
After 12 days at Tafraute and a couple of nights "wilding"at the painted rocks with Darren & (Auntie) Lyn we decided to move on (not an easy decision as we had a great time with everyone).Taroudant was the destination and my" sat next to me nav" forgot that the 106 had been reported as "out".Well it is open but not an easy ride.Most of the road is under construction and progress is slow and extremely dusty,took us 6 hours to do 105 miles.O well it is Morocco,thank's to everyone at the Funsters meet in Tafraute for your company see you on the road........Martin,Sue & Caley.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Ditto what he said lol
look forward to catching up with you. Happy and safe travels :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back