Tested Positive for Covid19 after 3 vaccinations. Ryanair's Lovely T&C's V easyJet (1 Viewer)

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Our Daughter Booked Flexi Tickets to Dublin with Ryanair......

2 Tickets, including hand luggage and Priority booking £180 per person.

Our Daughter who has had two Vaccinations PLUS+ Booster has tested positive for Covid19 on PCR

She contacted Ryanair who said as she could not re-arrange her flight within the next couple of weeks (before the 14th January 2022). She was not entitled to a free change.

So she looked at changing and paying the fees.

Fee to Change £90 each £180

Cost to completely re-book £45 each £90

No leeway, should of read T&C's etc.

easyJet are still offering FREE changes right up to hours before the flight.

I have not booked with Ryanair for years. I will only do so if its the only option. Earlier this year, Our Daughter tried to get a refund for her three children who could no longer travel with her. Again, flights booked under Flexi. But as she was not cancelling the Adult bookings, they would not refund or change the child booking as they would be classed as non accompanied minors.

Popty

Free Member
Aug 22, 2020
Oxfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
American RV,
Exp
Since 2018
Our Daughter Booked Flexi Tickets to Dublin with Ryanair......

2 Tickets, including hand luggage and Priority booking £180 per person.

Our Daughter who has had two Vaccinations PLUS+ Booster has tested positive for Covid19 on PCR

She contacted Ryanair who said as she could not re-arrange her flight within the next couple of weeks (before the 14th January 2022). She was not entitled to a free change.

So she looked at changing and paying the fees.

Fee to Change £90 each £180

Cost to completely re-book £45 each £90

No leeway, should of read T&C's etc.

easyJet are still offering FREE changes right up to hours before the flight.

I have not booked with Ryanair for years. I will only do so if its the only option. Earlier this year, Our Daughter tried to get a refund for her three children who could no longer travel with her. Again, flights booked under Flexi. But as she was not cancelling the Adult bookings, they would not refund or change the child booking as they would be classed as non accompanied minors.
After all the issues with Ryanair, lm surprised that anyone uses them, we all know that O'Leary is only interested in taking your cash, and rarely (very rarely) does anyone get a refund or any decent customer service out of them.
I for one would NEVER use paddyair, would rather pay extra to use a decent airline

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Credit card claim back.You can only do it once as they will ban you from flying with them until what they consider "fraud" to be fully repaid.

sonar

Free Member
Dec 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
After all the issues with Ryanair, lm surprised that anyone uses them, we all know that O'Leary is only interested in taking your cash, and rarely (very rarely) does anyone get a refund or any decent customer service out of them.
I for one would NEVER use paddyair, would rather pay extra to use a decent airline
I am supprised anyone uses them as well .With their attitude when refunds were due.
and then stated any bookings cancelled will not be refunded if the plane takes off For its destination.

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Ryanair are well summed up by the facinating Ada song.
Easyjet might offer free changes but the small print still says you have to pay the difference in flight costs, normally excessive.
Phil
Isn't easyJet just one day either way? Seems as useful as an ashtray on a .....

flight changes
Make changes to your flights with no extra fees. New flight times must be between 1 day before and 1 day after original travel date and are subject to seat and route availability (not all routes offer daily flights).

Popty

Free Member
Aug 22, 2020
Oxfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
American RV,
Exp
Since 2018
Mr O'Leary even flew a plane EMPTY , so he could avoid refunding customers,
He said as the flight departed as scheduled no refunds would be entertained.
Flying the plane empty as scheduled, cost him less than refunding 200+ passengers.
So Mr O'Leary get a conscience and abide by the same rules as proper airlines.

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
Easyjet might offer free changes but the small print still says you have to pay the difference in flight costs, normally excessive.
Not my experience with easyJet, they cancelled morning flight and put us on afternoon flight, was offered full refund or any other flights to the same country foc. Not all options are in the online portal sometimes worth a chat with easyjet customer services to get more options.

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Not my experience with easyJet, they cancelled morning flight and put us on afternoon flight, was offered full refund or any other flights to the same country foc. Not all options are in the online portal sometimes worth a chat with easyjet customer services to get more options.

Ive just looked at Changing mine for this Friday

No charge to move it to any dates on their schedule.

Screenshot 2021-12-28 at 12.36.38.png

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
I used to think I was in a tiny minority of Funsters who swore they would never fly with Ryanair again. It now looks like the boycott is getting more justification and support. Smug greedy git o'Leary probably won't care much. His pandemic losses are smaller than those of SqueezyJet.

Wonderful to see that Fascinating Aida video once more (y)

Dec 14, 2020
Bingley, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis 120
Exp
I used to think I was in a tiny minority of Funsters who swore they would never fly with Ryanair again. It now looks like the boycott is getting more justification and support. Smug greedy git o'Leary probably won't care much. His pandemic losses are smaller than those of SqueezyJet.

Wonderful to see that Fascinating Aida video once more (y)
My mate swears by Ryanair, especially during this lockdown because they always fly. He has a boat on the Med, and last year had so many flights cancelled with Jet2, Easyjet etc that scuppered his plans, he now tries to only book with Ryanair, because he knows, once its booked it will fly.

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
I always go out of my way to avoid Ryan Air, some family and friends have got real cheap flights with them but others have real problems with the company

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
That’s because they cancelled. If you cancel it’s different.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
We've flown Ryanair a lot in the past and found the service and reliability perfectly acceptable.

However, all things being equal, we now choose easyjet when we can.

We should be flying to the Canaries a week today 4 January, but unfortunately not going now for a couple of reasons.

The outbound flight was with Ryanair, and the return a week later was with eayJet. We will lose all the money with Ryanair, but will be able to change the easyJet flight to a new date and destination later in the year. Ironically, the Ryanair flight out was almost double the price of the easyJet flight coming back! Just have to take the financial hit on the chin.

(We were going out early in the morning to Tenerife with Ryanair, with an onward ferry to La Gomera to stay for a week on the island. And returning on the ferry from LG and catching the early evening flight back with easyJet - thus saving the need for an extra overnight on Tenerife at the beginning of the holiday, because the eJ flight arrives too late for the ferry).

Oh well, the best laid plans... :unsure:

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
That’s because they cancelled. If you cancel it’s different.
You are correct, you do have to pay the difference in the cost of the flights but no handling charge, I generally book way in advance and expect to get 2 return flights for around £100, add luggage later when 99p deal for luggage comes up. (I work on principle I can afford to loose £100). I recently did change 2 flights and it cost me £12. The revised booking was moved from morning to afternoon as previously mentioned, I got a full refund including the £12 change and 99p. The refund was with me within 48hr.

1st April 2020 we were flying to Perth, darwin and sydney in Australia with Qantas, Qantas cancelled the outgoing flight but insisted we still had the internal flights, that was a nightmare, took 5 months to get £2.5k refunded, Barclay card was unable to do anything for us.

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Phil
Ive changed easyJet a few times. The fare change has either been under £10 or £0

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Got an EasyJet flight booked for Lucy and the kids to meet me in Scotland next month.

Total cost for 3 is £56. Cost me £12 to pick the seats to guarantee they will be together.

I couldn’t drive there for that.

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Ive got American Express involved as it was paid on my card.

Awaiting response
Update:

I forgotten to reply to this thread.

I had contacted AMEX, who immediately put the amount on hold.

Within a week, I checked and American Express found in my favour, crediting the full amount.

So O'Weary can get on his

Screenshot 2022-01-08 at 12.50.29.png

And Suck

Screenshot 2022-01-08 at 12.50.42.png

Screenshot 2022-01-08 at 12.49.15.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries