Swift Sundance 2003 Dometic RM6270 replacement (1 Viewer)

RAS

Jan 19, 2021
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 600FB
Exp
Since 2013
Hi all,

Could I please ask as to any owner that has had to replace the Dometic RM6270 fridge on their motorhome as to which one they opted for.
I want to get a fridge with the same dimensions. My contact with Dometic has suggested a replacement RM 10.5T but this replacement is wider than the current one and therefore a problem with how to fit given the recess.
I would be grateful for assistance in solving this issue.

sonar

Free Member
Dec 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
Just had the very same stupid answer from them.
I also need yes another freezer..

soon as I find out i will post the solution

the best I can find at the moment is this.

This Dometic unit has been replaced with Dometic RMS8400 or RM5330

but for sure I will not be ordering from the main dometic dealer that could not give me the right information.

sonar

Free Member
Dec 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hi all,

Could I please ask as to any owner that has had to replace the Dometic RM6270 fridge on their motorhome as to which one they opted for.
I want to get a fridge with the same dimensions. My contact with Dometic has suggested a replacement RM 10.5T but this replacement is wider than the current one and therefore a problem with how to fit given the recess.
I would be grateful for assistance in solving this issue.
The dometic Rms 8400 is the answer to you question

OP
OP
R

RAS

Jan 19, 2021
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 600FB
Exp
Since 2013
Hi, I ordered the RMS8400 last year from CoolTech down in poole. they were excellent with their service and the fridge is all fitted and functioning well.

sonar

Free Member
Dec 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hi, I ordered the RMS8400 last year from CoolTech down in poole. they were excellent with their service and the fridge is all fitted and functioning well.
Good news then ……"?seems now the Rms 8400 has now been discontinued.

anyway just been through everything I can think of before I get another fridge.

and found the problem. This will make you laugh .
the selector switch that goes from mains gas ect. The back of the switch knob was split.
after a little glue and then packing the internal void the hard body fill a pushed it back. Now everything works.

I could have ended up buying a new fridge because of a knob. that would have made me a different sort of knob.

anyway I could not find anyone anywhere that had that in stock.
just about everything else but.

still alls ends well now on with another small problem I have to deal with.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Not sure what your controls look like but I have just looked on ebay and appear to be about £12.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
theres virtually nothing that cant be changed on a fridge so im assuming some thing is broken beyond repair to require a new one?

sonar

Free Member
Dec 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
Not sure what your controls look like but I have just looked on ebay and appear to be about £12.
It’s just the switch knob. Spare part number 503.
not the guts of the switch there are none available anywhere. But I could have found another type and colour if it was broken.
theres virtually nothing that cant be changed on a fridge so im assuming some thing is broken beyond repair to require a new one?
was just the switch knob.
had it have been more I would have renewed the fridge for a newer model it was installed 2003 so if it had not worked it would have been no surprise. And would have been just another update.

anyway its sorted for now and better than it was new now as it is a solid know not a knob with a very small thin moulding.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back