Roadster washer brush not fit for purpose! (2 Viewers)

Anjistar

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2020
South West
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
2 months in 2017, continually since October 2020
Hello,
I bought a Roadster telescopic washer brush at Newbury Motorhome Show this summer.
I have tried to use it once but it leaks horrendously - you have to actively hold the hose and pole connection together, which is impossible to do for long. I tried several connections including a brand new Hozelock.
I can't remember the name of the stall I bought it from. I emailed several weeks ago, no reply, so called the sole supplier online shop for Roadster - ntinternational -today, but they don't want to know.

Shall I just learn from that £20 experience, or does anyone have any constructive advice?
Thank you.

Aug 7, 2019
Worcester (UK)
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
I'm a newbie
Yep sounds about right. Yet to speak to anyone who doesn't get a good soaking while using one of these, although someone will probably come along and say, "Mines perfect!".
I've given up connecting it to a hose and just dunk it in a bowl of hot soapy water to wash the van. As it's quite long when extended (oohh err missus!) its got its uses.

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
I think most of them leak, I don’t bother connecting the hose to mine after the first time. Mine is just a cheap one from euro car parts, a friend has a more expensive one that is exactly the same.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
hozel loc connectors are convenient but far from perfect ive tried plastic and brass type but they all leak eventually as said ram hose onto end and jubilee clip is the only way to get leak free

OP
OP
A

Anjistar

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2020
South West
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
2 months in 2017, continually since October 2020
Cheers, people.

I've had a little play with the drawerful of connectors we have accumulated, and some of that white tape for threads, and as long as I leave it running it only drips a bit. Better than it was anyway.

Nov 13, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30 years
I bought one a while back. I looked and held several in the store. The one I got extends to about 3metres and felt well balanced.
BUT, as soon as I dipped the brush into a bucket I could barely lift it and had virtually no control of this dancing and bending devise. I now only use it at its shortest extension.:LOL:

Geoff

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
Fully extended with a micro fibre cloth wrapped around the head is great for cleaning the above cab window.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
But the telescopic handle with or without brush, is so jolly useful for retrieving stuff that's rolled or blown under the middle of the van! You know, soggy tennis balls that sundry dogs carry round with them, a set of boules you dropped by the step to your hab door when you needed the loo in a hurry mid game, a crisp bag someone dropped, whatever. Years ago of course we all had tame children of our own or borrowed to send under vans cars and caravans to retrieve stuff but now we need alternative arrangements!

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Telescopic brush or a child? ......

Not too difficult a choice. The brush doesn't whinge, need feeding, or argue back. 😀
And the brush can also be shoved up a chimney ... Aah, so can the child ... (y)

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back