Reich External Gas BBQ Point (1 Viewer)

GK Fins Up

Free Member
Jul 2, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Hi

I wonder if anyone has experienced this / found a solution?

Connecting a standard quick release gas hose to this type of external bbq point seems to cause stress on the metal gas pipe in the external BBQ point (silver pipe at the right of the pic). This is because the gap between the end of the pipe in the unit is small and the unit is slightly sunken (the flexi orange hose puts pressure outwards from the edge of the grey box holding the external BBQ unit). Although it works with a standard tailpiece, I have been searching for a 90 degree metal tailpiece (that would fit into the flexible orange gas hose (centre of pic) to alleviate any stress on the metal pipe (See pic attached). The orange hose would then not press against the edge of the External BBQ unit. Gas pipe connector 1.jpg

Has anyone found the same / found a solution please?

Sep 29, 2016
st helens
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
im a newbie
Same problem. Was thinking of the same solution but haven’t found such a fitting. My last MH had a bayonet fitting which was much better than this arrangement.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
This issue was recently raised on a Facebook Burstner group. Did not seem to be any answer.
Those fittings have always been awkward... The Bullfinch type are much better.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
GK Fins Up

GK Fins Up

Free Member
Jul 2, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Same problem. Was thinking of the same solution but haven’t found such a fitting. My last MH had a bayonet fitting which was much better than this arrangement.
Seems a poor design... I'll keep searching _/)_

OP
OP
GK Fins Up

GK Fins Up

Free Member
Jul 2, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
This issue was recently raised on a Facebook Burstner group. Did not seem to be any answer.
Those fittings have always been awkward... The Bullfinch type are much better.
The dealer mentioned that one of his customers had shortened the length of the metal quick release fitting that goes into the orange pipe and that had helped a bit as the pipe was then a little more flexible. It's not an ideal solution in my opinion but if all else fails I may give that a try. _/)_

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
It's interesting that this post has come up. Whilst we were away recently I noted a leak from the external barbecue point, also a Reich. Smell of gas and hissing. My immediate though was that the actual point was buggered. I've always found it a tight squeeze to connect the hose and wondered if I had stressed the actual fitting. When we got home after a lot of fiddling I decided to cut a few inches off the orange hose and refit. This did the trick and I can only assume that the hose had got weakened around the jubilee clip. The hose is fairly new and within date.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
They always look to me that they are installed 90 degrees wrong, and the fitting should face down.

Could you add some form of clip in the end of the hole, that you could add a loop to support the weight of the hose.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back