Jasmin Camping , Jim's site at Sutton on Sea (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Just spend 5 nights at Jim's cracking site at Sutton on Sea .. it is one of the best small sites we have had the privilege to stay on..

The hard standing pitches are great, with a nice grassy area for sitting out, or you can pitch anywhere (weather permitting) on the large grassy area..
Facilities are well thought out, grey waste is either put into the hedge or around fruit trees.. I carry a long waste pipe and run it straight into the hedge ..

There is a long hose for filling up with fresh water , it can reach any part of the site.. this saves lugging water carries or moving the van to fill up

Black waste elsan dump point located beside the bins for rubbish and recycling.

6 Amp EHU at each pitch, longer cable needed on grassy area, I believe Jim has spare EHU cables..

Easy walking distance to Sutton on Sea and the promenade is great for cycling, it's about 6 miles long , so a nice 12 mile easy cycle..

We had a lovely time, we met a few Funsters we hadn't seen in years, and the hosts made us feel really welcome.. a very peaceful and relaxing site..

Well done, Jim and Sian .. your site is a credit to you both..
IMG_1656.jpeg
IMG_1657.jpeg
IMG_1658.jpeg
IMG_1659.jpeg
IMG_1660.jpeg
IMG_1661.jpeg
IMG_1662.jpeg
IMG_1663.jpeg
IMG_1664.jpeg

More details here and how to book, subscribing Funsters enjoy a discount

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Yes excellent place I think that is the same place we parked about five years ago.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
scotjimland. We all know what a little gem it is Jim, without advertising to the masses. :doh: ...................................... :LOL:

I have been puzzled by this, is it the same @scotjimland that used to post about sewing machines and bikes as I can't find any old posts.
Yes if it is the same one welcome back.
Yep Chaz, the very same.

Cheers,

Jock. ;)

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I have been puzzled by this, is it the same scotjimland that used to post about sewing machines and bikes as I can't find any old posts.
Yes if it is the same one welcome back.
thanks and yes, the same one,

I was having a break for a while.. did a couple of years with a caravan, also some road trips abroad with the car ... now back with a camping car ..

my old posts are still there..

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Only downside we found....

in Sutton it's 40p to do a pee...
can work out expensive if you (both) have a weak bladder .. lol

there is also a CCTV camera that follows you when you go for a walk ... lol

FD4DD2D2-0C76-4F8D-9385-4395B8F7304A-6687-000001DF1E84E889.jpeg IMG_1680.jpeg

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
I'm sorry when I was there earlier this year, there was a poor woman, I thought it might have been a slave, continually working, cleaning,gardening being chased around the field by a rough looking man on a sit-on mower with what looked like shotgun shouting if that ground sheet is not picked up you will get both barrels.
Seriously I do like jasmin camping who is that oddball walking around shouting at pigeons, poor harmless birds. Yes you know who I mean

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I do like jasmin camping who is that oddball walking around shouting at pigeons, poor harmless birds.
Those poor pigeons looked underfed, so I threw a load of sliced bread up on to the roof of that caravan that was parked there so that they could fatten themselves up as it is the breeding season and I just love baby pigeons :whistle2:

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Could have been parked opposite you if you were there yesterday, had 2 nights there and just arrived home as we are only 40 miles away. Saw Sian but Jim must have been hiding somewhere.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
When we were there, Alison took a photo with her very old camera purchased from someone from Discworld, but didn't pay the Elf to do a very good likeness. Anyway this was lifted from "Calamity Camping" and shows the pigeon scaring action. You are famous, Karl........ :rofl:

1691925843440.png

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Looks lovely now, when we were there, quite some time ago, the grass wasn't there...(probably waiting for turf/seeding).

What an improvement, we must return.

Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
No it’s a pain. You have to steal them elsewhere now.😂😂
That’s a shame the free eggs really put the icing on the cake for such a lovely site. We had a great time there a few years ago biking to Mablethorpe to the north and Gibraltar Point to the south. Had the pleasure to meet Jim, Karl Gromett and Ian ianthebuilder.

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
No I believe,I may be mistaken, that Jim not being a very good shot, managed to shoot his chickens whilst trying to shoot a person putting up a awning with groundsheet. In truth bird flu in the area meant Jim having to cull his remaining chickens, that's what he told me, I prefer my story.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back