Jason Hadlow

Free Member
Dec 5, 2021
North Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer S830
Exp
Anyone got any ideas as to how to dismantle this tap? It springs open as you drive and empties the water tank. I've seen the same tap in a number of other Motorhome makes and wondered if anyone has any experience with it?
IMG_2599.jpg

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
No experience but I would think you unscrew the shaft that is pointing up and then that will show a grub screw underneath it which will release the head.

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Switching off the water pump while driving is a good idea. A year or two back I left UK with a full water tank. Below freezing conditions opened the boiler dump valve and because the pump was on it emptied the cold tank too. Arrived in France with no water, Aires water turned off and sites closed (out of season)
We were lucky in passing a site at Chartres to see there was someone working there although closed, and he luckily let us fill up.
I have noticed with present motorhome that the cold tank will drain by siphon action if the boiler dump opens even with the pump off, the dump valve is the sort with the blue knob and button which is not so easily jammed as the one with the red plunger.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back