Anyone own an Advance 640 and drained onboard fresh watertank? (1 Viewer)

Euro330

Banned
Aug 16, 2019
Carnoustie
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 640
Exp
About 5years
Been draining the onboard fresh water tank but cant see where I manually drain it to get the last water out of low level pipes.
The tank has been pumped empty. I have checked via the top access cap and its dry. But the bottom drain valve does not seem to drain any more having moved it to various positions. I am concerned that the low level drain pipes still have some water lieing in the bottom.
Anyone have experience with this?
Thanks.
G

OP
OP
Euro330

Euro330

Banned
Aug 16, 2019
Carnoustie
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 640
Exp
About 5years
Update on above.
Well thanks for all your tips! lol
Anyway i stripped the push fit plumbing connections from the bottom of the tank along with the drain tap.
Only to find the moulding for the tank outlet which had a 22mm threaded female fitting in for threading the outlet pipe into was completely moulded over, no outlet hole!
Drilled it out.
Obviously a tank moulding/fitting feature fault.
Beacause it wasnt actually flushing through there was a lot of sedement in the bottom (crap).
Probably because I bought it from a private seller in south of England the water lime scale was building up (hard water,).
Flushed through a couple of times and tank is now clear as a bell.
Makes you wonder how Bailey would stand if there was frost damage to pipe work/tank and would propbably initially renage on warranty claiming owner failed to winterise properly.
Worth checking your own tanks if similar make model.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back