Wireless Alarm sensor not working? (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Our habitation door is alarmed by a wireless sensor attached to the van wall near the door. A reed switch operates when another sensor (a magnet) which is attached to the door itself gets to within 2cm of the sensor. A little red led lights up and turns off almost immediately. This sends a signal to the van alarm. You can then turn off the internal sensor with the alarm remote button so you can move about in the van. But, for some reason, if you open the door without deactivating the alarm, it doesn’t sound. Similarly, if you deactivate the alarm but forget to open the driver’s or passenger’s door within 30 seconds, the alarm will normally sound. But no longer.

The alarm has not been working recently with regard to the habitation door. It works correctly with the internal sensor and the bonnet switch operates correctly too. When the fault first appeared I thought it may just be a flat battery on the sensor so I checked it and it was 2.4v (should read 3v) so replaced this. But the door sensor doesn’t seem to work. So I’m a bit flummoxed.

I assumed that the reed switch is working as the led operates within the correct proximity (2cm) but it seems the signal is not being received by the alarm. Does anyone have an suggestions as to what the problem could be?

It is a Gemini 7590T2-1 and neither AVS nor Outsmart the Thief (who supply this alarm and accessories) have deigned to reply to my emails or returned messages left on the phone. Not great customer service!

Any thoughts most welcome.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Outsmart the Thief (who supply this alarm and accessories) have deigned to reply to my emails or returned messages left on the phone. Not great customer service!
Unusual for Carl not to get back to you.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Unusual for Carl not to get back to you.
About 5 years ago he came to our van where we stored it to try and sort out another issue we had with the alarm and was most helpful. He hadn’t installed the alarm for the van’s original owner. But maybe he’s so busy now that he only deals with his customers. So I’ll not badmouth him. I’m aware this is probably the busiest time of year for motorhome service businesses.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Does the sensor have it's own battery? All of our contacts are self powered.
The larger sensor has 2 CR1616 batteries. The smaller door-bound sensor seems to be just a magnet.
1711440257414.png

Upvote 0

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Are there batteries in the sensor that need renewing, when we had an alarm with wireless sensors they had to be changed annually.

Upvote 0
Apr 20, 2020
Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC.
Exp
Since 2017
If the battery is ok you might have a faulty sensor.
This happened me with one of my window sensors on the Phantom alarm (even though the red light was still working).
Gemini and Phantom appear to use the same sensors.
I bought a new sensor and Moving Intelligence (Phantom) sent me the pairing instructions.
All fixed in about 5 minutes.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Are there batteries in the sensor that need renewing, when we had an alarm with wireless sensors they had to be changed annually.
The batteries in the sensor were low and have been renewed.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
If the battery is ok you might have a faulty sensor.
This happened me with one of my window sensors on the Phantom alarm (even though the red light was still working).
Gemini and Phantom appear to use the same sensors.
I bought a new sensor and Moving Intelligence (Phantom) sent me the pairing instructions.
All fixed in about 5 minutes.
I’m going to try reprogramming the sensor before buying a new one. It seems that sometimes for example after changing batteries you need to re-pair the sensor to the alarm. If that doesn’t work than despite the sensor seeming to work, I’ll treat the sensor as faulty and buy a new one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back