Free Member
Feb 20, 2010
West London
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Less than 1
On our recent trip to Bristol, we stopped at Leigh Delamere services on the M4. We opted for the 'caravan' car park, which was virtually full with lorries, a car transporter and some large vans (and no caravans). We just managed to squeeze in, and noticed that the lorry park was almost empty, but a further 50yds for the truckers to walk. Would we have been in the wrong to park our motorhome in the lorry section? It definitely would have been easier to access!!

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
I've always wondered why lorry drivers are expected to walk further in service areas than those who are not restricted by the law re there driving times.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Moto, who run Leigh Delamere, recommend using the normal car park if designated spaces are full - see Here.

From what I've gleaned the reason for keeping HGV parks separate from other vehicles is the danger to people not used to HGVs in what Moto refer to as "a working environment 24/7". That doesn't answer, in itself, why they should be further away from facilities but I expect that it will be something to do with trying to ensure that most families (especially children) do not have to cross the HGV area.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back