Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-I 414
Exp
4 years, travelling to Greece each year and exploring on the way and back
We are spending our money in good old blighty
Brits voted for Brexit
and we have never been really been welcome across since
(because they were not allowed a referendum themselves)
And that attitude sums up why I never use my motorhome in the UK and cannot wait to get across the channel.

Jun 5, 2020
New Forest, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-I 414
Exp
Totally agree. That and Alicante is a big destination for stags & hens.

2 1/2 hours of loud mouth effing, ceeing, teeing, yobs.

Groups of idiots.

Oddly, one group went from a young lad, to his grandad. It was the young lad who shouted to the group to calm down and have some respect.

OP
OP
TheLifeofBrian
Sep 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer T588SL
Exp
Getting there!
Just driven through France, Switzerland and now Italy....not one UK van on the road and only one in a campsite in the Champagne....entirely unbothered by that state of affairs. Had some great conversations with our European counterparts, foreign travel should be about broadening the mind.
I quite agree about broadening the mind. The original post was simply a question I asked having never been abroad in my van before.
We were (pleasantly) surprised at the lack of British registered motorhomes!
I wasn't trying to start any arguments but as usual the "Brexit" debate rears it's ugly head :banghead:

Jun 5, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-I 414
Exp
I quite agree about broadening the mind. The original post was simply a question I asked having never been abroad in my van before.
I wasn't trying to start any arguments but as usual the "Brexit" debate rears it's ugly head :banghead:
I didn't mention it, just referenced my own preferences when travelling.

Apr 24, 2018
France
Funster No
MH
2001 Hymer B544
Exp
Since 1992

Not a debate. That’s been had. Advisory referendum held. A very aggressive and acrimonious divorce has been forced through. 50 yrs of partnership and development flushed down the loo.

So when questions like “why don’t we have any money??” and “why are the brits no longer travelling?” get asked, it’s not surprising that some folk will remind of what is at least in part, responsible for the predicament that the country is slowly sliding into. It’s been likened to a slow puncture which is a great metaphor.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TheLifeofBrian
Sep 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer T588SL
Exp
Getting there!
Not a debate. That’s been had. Advisory referendum held. A very aggressive and acrimonious divorce has been forced through. 50 yrs of partnership and development flushed down the loo.

So when questions like “why don’t we have any money??” and “why are the brits no longer travelling?” get asked, it’s not surprising that some folk will remind of what is at least in part, responsible for the predicament that the country is slowly sliding into. It’s been likened to a slow puncture which is a great metaphor.
Sorry - shouldn't have said 'debate' - I should have said 'bang on about continuously even though it won't change anything' :reel:
🙂

Jun 5, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis-I 414
Exp
We are all at Bonterra Park Benicassim. Probably 50per cent on site are Brits, I blame Helen and Martin SSHHHH. Great site but book up for next year now as FULL OF BRITS until July and August when the FRENCH arrive, we'll most are Parisians not French
Sounds exactly the kind of place to be avoided like the plague....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back