DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Thanks for the great trip John DBK as you were leaving San Vicente we were heading through but didn’t see your van. Now in the Picos de Europa-Leon at the Valle De Valdeon and hope to get to some of the spots that you mentioned in your post.
Hopefully the electric bill isn’t too high 😉😉
All the best and pleased that you’re back safe.
Jim
Have a good trip - but the weather forecast isn't great for much of Spain for the next week or so. Luck of the draw, in any other year you could have blue skies.

Jan 24, 2018
Funster No
Aww I’m sad your trip is over - I’ve really enjoyed being a virtual passenger with you. What are you planning for your next one?

Thanks for letting us all tag along!

Reactions: DBK

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Thanks you for sharing your trip, very interesting and informative.
Planning the next sojourn are we ?

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
What are you planning for your next one?

Planning the next sojourn are we?

I'm going to book the Plymouth/Roscoff ferry in the next few days for a crossing end of August/beginning of September with the intention of probably re-visiting Normandy again and of course Brittany, which you can't escape anyway as that's where we will land. :) We will be looking for cheeses and shellfish. 👨‍🍳

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
I'm going to book the Plymouth/Roscoff ferry in the next few days for a crossing end of August/beginning of September with the intention of probably re-visiting Normandy again and of course Brittany, which you can't escape anyway as that's where we will land. :) We will be looking for cheeses and shellfish. 👨‍🍳
We are back in the uk in a few weeks, then not back out till the end of August, probably Portugal.

Aug 17, 2020
Leicestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote
Exp
Since 2011
Late convert to this thread. Only skim read it at the moment. It's a ready made tour guide, fantastic photos and information the maps are great to orientate. Brilliant and inspirational. Thanks
Chris

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
And the deed is done, I've just booked Plymouth /Roscoff leaving 27 August on the overnight sailing, returning 8 October on the early day sailing. Curiously, an inside 2 berth cabin on the return sailing was free! We normally pay around £28. A cabin isn't essential on a day sailing but it gives us somewhere to shower after an early start to the day.

I just need to work out where we want to go and of course what am I going to call the MHF trip thread? "Two Go Back to France - Yet Again!" describes exactly what we will be doing but I've got three months to think of something better. :) :france:

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I just need to work out where we want to go and of course what am I going to call the MHF trip thread? "Two Go Back to France - Yet Again!" describes exactly what we will be doing but I've got three months to think of something better. :) :france:
"New French adventure 2023". ;) (y)

Apr 9, 2022
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 1984
And the deed is done, I've just booked Plymouth /Roscoff leaving 27 August on the overnight sailing, returning 8 October on the early day sailing. Curiously, an inside 2 berth cabin on the return sailing was free! We normally pay around £28. A cabin isn't essential on a day sailing but it gives us somewhere to shower after an early start to the day.

I just need to work out where we want to go and of course what am I going to call the MHF trip thread? "Two Go Back to France - Yet Again!" describes exactly what we will be doing but I've got three months to think of something better
It is the time the crossing departs that makes a difference when it comes to qualifying for a free cabin. Assuming you are a Club Voyage member you can have a free inside cabin on afternoon sailings from the UK and morning sailings from France. Interestingly, you can swap your 2 berth cabin for a 4 berth inside and it will still be free or for around £8 you can have an outside 2 or 4 berth cabin on qualifying sailings. Of course, this falls down on the Armorique as the only outside cabins are Club cabins which you have to pay about half the "public" price for. We particularly like that Sunday morning trip home on the Pont as she normally goes like the clappers in order to turn round in Plymouth ready for the afternoon run to Spain.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp

Thanks for a hugely enjoyable trip. It must have been even better in the flesh.

Next trip " hamming it up in France" perhaps (although I wouldn't want the radio bits to take over the whole thread)?

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

Two Go Back to France Deja vu….😎

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
In an earlier post I showed a photo of a grass which I couldn't identify so I just called it Pom-pom grass.

P5246714.jpg

I should have called it Lagurus ovatus also known as Hare's tail or Bunnytail. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back