Habrough ,N E Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2010
Just thought I would make people aware that the ,
Brateck Anti-Theft and Anti-Shake Wall Bracket for Caravan/Motorhome TV
is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard for a bracket to hold a tv secure in a motor home / caravan , yes it has a locking pin to hold the main part of the arm but with the tv still wobbles about like a jelly ,the centre part that fixes to the tv is not at all firm on the end of the arm ( "anti-shake " you could mix a cocktail on it ), another waste of money .

https://uktvshop.com/product/brateck-anti-theft-and-anti-shake-wall-bracket-for-caravanmotorhome-tv/

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Not the same bracket but the one we've got has grub screws (allen key) that can be tightened to reduce \ remove wobble.

Sep 5, 2017
Funster No
When at Vanbitz today , having a tweak to the Strikeback alarm- faultless and helpful service as ever- I rather rashly bought a television for the James Cook. I now either have to modify a generic mounting arm I have in the workshop or buy a new one. It needs to be a double arm like the avtex/Svenson 9.0 or the braeteck in the thread above. But I do want something that locks in transit so that the arms and television don’t wobble. I think avtex used to do one but can’t rwmember the number and think that is now discontinued. I want to make sure I get it right before drilling holes in the cabinetry! Can anyone point me in the right direction please ? Adrian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
There's a wall bracket going on sale in Aldi on Thursday, 6th September. No idea what it's like though!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back