Truman boiler dumping my hot water. (1 Viewer)

KellyD

Free Member
Jan 18, 2023
Funster No
MH
Burstner T625
Hi everyone. My truman boiler is dumping my hot water every time I open my hot taps. The red button is in the closed position on the safety valve. When we turn the taps on the button stays up in the closed position but the hot water pours out the valve underneath the van. I realise the weather is cold at the moment but the heating is on in the van, the safety valve is next to the boiler and is warm. Any ideas?

Apr 12, 2013
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Carthago 144
Exp
Is all the power on ? If the power on the Electroblock is switched off safety valve will drop the water .
Has your Burstner got a Electroblock ?

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I've got a red dump valve and a separate black-blue frost protection valve right next to it. To reset the frost valve I have to turn the lever on top and press the reset button that's conveniently on the back and can't easily be seen. Note that if the valve is still close to freezing, it might keep triggering.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
K

KellyD

Free Member
Jan 18, 2023
Funster No
MH
Burstner T625
Is all the power on ? If the power on the Electroblock is switched off safety valve will drop the water .
Has your Burstner got a Electroblock ?
Hi thanks for the reply. Yeah the powers on, the boilers working the heating and also heating the water. The problem comes when we turn the taps on, it then decides to dump all the hot water out of the van.

OP
OP
K

KellyD

Free Member
Jan 18, 2023
Funster No
MH
Burstner T625
I've got a red dump valve and a separate black-blue frost protection valve right next to it. To reset the frost valve I have to turn the lever on top and press the reset button that's conveniently on the back and can't easily be seen. Note that if the valve is still close to freezing, it might keep triggering.
Hi thanks for the reply. We kept the heat on in the van to make sure the valve was warm. But even with the van warm, the water in the boiler hot as soon as we turn the taps on it dumps the hot water out of the van. I think we'll try again when the weather improves a bit.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Is the hot water coming out of the dump valve or somewhere else? If definitely from the dump valve and it is closed (Red button up or blue button in depending on version) then the dump valve must be leaking past the washer that should seal it. Replacing the dump valve is ludicrously expensive. I would be tempted to replace it with a manual valve (just remeber to drain it manually for the winter)

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
The frost valve also works as a pressure release valve. Can’t think of the number, but at say 3bar, it will trigger to release the pressure. Once pressure has dropped I think it should stop. But there was a faulty batch where they just released and let it all out.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Just to correct my above statement. The safety valve will kick in at 2.8bar

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Daft question but I don't know what valve you have but are you sure it being in the 'up' position means it is closed? On our system with a blue button when the button is protruding it means it is open.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back