Truma System (1 Viewer)

Sep 24, 2023
St Helens, Saint Helens, UK
Funster No
MH
Ford Rollerteam
Exp
Hi, thanks for allowing me to join, this is my first post...

My heating system was working fine last week but when I tried to turn it on yesterday the panel is completely blank!
Tried unplugging it etc, checked all the fuses on the Moho, checked the fuse on the boiler but all good.
Any other suggestions please?

20230911_160406.jpg

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
:hiya2: w2f

I assume your battery is not flat. Are other systems working? Hope you sort it soon.

Have you got a multimeter to test voltage at the boiler? Any of the leds showing on the boiler?

Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
It should be in the permanent 12v supply wiring to the display , the 12v supply to the boiler also needs to be ok for the display to work. Are you able to check that these supplies are ok with a multi-meter ?

Oct 10, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
If it helps ,The permanent ,fused ,12v supply to the display is the red (positive) cable going to the rear of the display. (the red/black cable is the negative side)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I’m not trying to teach you to suck eggs but have you pressed the turn button to set it?🤔 Or sometimes just a disconnect of cables at the back and reconnect after a couple of minutes will work?😊

Jul 15, 2015
Isleham Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2012
When you press the button to turn it one do you get the cog and a clock symbol in the bottom righthand corner. I had this problem and was informed by a Truma engineer to remove the data cable out of the boiler and the 12v fuse leave it over night. Then plug the data cable back in and put the fuse back in and it came back to life.
my issue was the display unit lost connection to the boiler via the data cable

Jan 8, 2020
North Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
January 2012
When you press the button to turn it one do you get the cog and a clock symbol in the bottom righthand corner. I had this problem and was informed by a Truma engineer to remove the data cable out of the boiler and the 12v fuse leave it over night. Then plug the data cable back in and put the fuse back in and it came back to life.
We had a problem with a similar solution. Sometimes the Control Panel starts beeping, especially when driving. I found that by removing the Control Panel from from the woodwork I could see around the back. There was the Data Cable and Plug. I simply remove the plug and reconnect it to solve the beeping problem. The MH is a 20 year old Bessacarr. Maybe modern MHs have different systems.

OP
OP
RobRoller
Sep 24, 2023
Funster No
MH
Ford Rollerteam
Exp
Hi, no, the panel is completely dead, nothing on it whatsoever

OP
OP
RobRoller
Sep 24, 2023
Funster No
MH
Ford Rollerteam
Exp
I've tried unplugging it but can't find the fuse, think I need to locate this fuse by the sounds of it

Oct 10, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
If there is power at the red 12v cable supply connection on the rear of the display that would confirm the 1 amp display fuse is ok. ( or not )
The other 12v supply fuse is under the wiring cover on the Combi boiler

Oct 10, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Not all Truma combi 12v pcb have the reset button , but if you have one , (I think it depends on year of the Combi ) it will be just below and to the right of the room temperature cable connections (blue/brown ).
I assume that you have removed the missing 12v fuse and are the 12v supply (red + black ) cables ok as they look crushed in the photo.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
RobRoller
Sep 24, 2023
Funster No
MH
Ford Rollerteam
Exp
Not all Truma combi 12v pcb have the reset button , but if you have one , (I think it depends on year of the Combi ) it will be just below and to the right of the room temperature cable connections (blue/brown ).
I assume that you have removed the missing 12v fuse and are the 12v supply (red + black ) cables ok as they look crushed in the photo.
Yes I took the fuse out to test it and thanks I'll have another look at it tomorrow - the cables are fine, must be just the pic thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back