Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
The problem I have recently experienced started just after I upgraded from Vista Home premium to 7 Home Premium.

When I connect the 730 to my laptop I get the usual "Do you want to connect to the computer" and I click yes.

It then says "Do you want to update" so i say yes and off it goes.

After updating it does not start properly. I switch on get a window showing TomTom, then a picture of the 730 with a moving horizontal bat marking the time , Next I get a welcome screen, chosen by me, but that is as far as it goes.

After just over one hour with TT help an incredibly helpful and knowledgeable lady showed me how to cure this problem.

1. Remove SD card,
2. Connect 730 to computer and if TT Home starts wait until it has settled down and then close it.
3. If there are any maps or other important files in the 730 built in memory be sure to make a back-up using the File Explorer, not TT Home.
4. Open My Computer and move to the 730 device. Right click on it and select Format.
5. Make sure that Quick Format is NOT selected.
6. Select OK to format the internal memory.
7. Remove the 730.
8. Hold down the Reset button (underneath on then 730) for about 20 seconds or more.
9. Reconnect 730 to computer and start TT Home.
10. When asked if you would like to update select yes.
11. Select all items you would like to update and the TT software will be reinstalled on the 730.
12. Repeat 7 & 8.
13. Start 730 and it should now start correctly but it will say that maps cannot be found.
14. Reinstall any maps and files back onto 730 internal memory using the backup you made earlier.
15. Reinsert SD card and all should be well.

It worked for me.

I have no idea whether there is some conflict between TT Home and 7 Home premium or whether it was just coincidence.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I have no idea whether there is some conflict between TT Home and 7 Home premium or whether it was just coincidence.

I have exactly the same problem with my TT 1 XL , on Vista / XP or Mac OSX so I would say it's coincidence ..

TT Home is the buggiest crappiest bit of software I know.. always has been.

edit

thanks for info , will give it go

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back