Toilets....Yet again!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
Apologies for starting another thread on MoHo toilet cassette additives...……. I am aware of what has been said on various previous threads about blue/green/formaldehyde/SOG/Bio tablets etc...……. but this is a new one for me which someone mentioned recently. I was assured it is cheap, effective and environmentally-friendly.

Apparently Sodium Percarbonate is the key ingredient needed. It is found in Nappiesan, but the cheapest off-the-shelf source seems to be "Tesco Oxi-Power Stain Remover" costing £2.75 for a 1 Kg tub of the powder. It was suggested that the equivalent of a couple of tablespoons should be scooped into the cassette, where it fizzes, breaks everything down and is sufficiently environmentally friendly to be poured into a Septic Tank drainage system if necessary. Obviously, it will not dye the cassette contents blue (or green), but is said to break the contents down and does not smell.

I wondered if this suggestion is really very different from the other non-formaldehyde products used and if anyone had any experience of using it.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Oh no not another Toilet thread.

Apparently Sodium Percarbonate is the key ingredient needed. It is found in Nappiesan,
I seem to remember that stuff did an excellent job of destroying washing machine door to drum seals, don't think I would want to risk it in my cassette.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
That's interesting! Poundland do their own version but I am not sure how much it is......

:LOL:
will pop in tomorrow and find out for you ?

Popped in to the pound land shop today, guess what, they are on special offer.
2 for £2.00

:LOL: bargain.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
All these cheaper alternatives to the blue sachets but still the wife insists we use them.

It’s her job to empty it so I’m happy with that!

OP
OP
Millcourt
Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
All these cheaper alternatives to the blue sachets but still the wife insists we use them.

It’s her job to empty it so I’m happy with that!

So would I. However, we have “pink jobs” and “blue jobs”........ bet you can’t guess whose job it is to deal with the cassette!

:((n)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back