Toilet Cassette (2 Viewers)

Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
Ok, sorry to lower the tone, but have a few very basic questions.
We pick our first MH up in a couple of weeks, which has a Therford cassette/ toilet in it. We have never camped before or ever used this type of facility. So, here goes with a few questions which we would be very grateful for some guidance:-
1. Is it a case of keep taking it out to see if it's full? Or generally are there a rough number of flushes that can be made before it's nearing capacity.
2.what do you put in the cassette in terms of chemical/tablets etc, and what do people recommend?
3. As we intend to do some wild camping, is it advisable to carry a spare cassette, that we can swap over if the first one gets full, and then carry the full one in the garage until we reach the next disposal point?
4. Is it correct that you don't empty down an ordinary toilet? But what about emptying down our own toilet once we get home?
5 any other advise/tips gratefully accepted.
Many thanks.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
There is a peculiar, predominantly female condition concerning number two's and the use of (or more correctly not), porta loos, I think in medical circles it's known as a "Glastonbury tailback" :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Whenever I empty my cassette at home I lift the manhole cover in my garden and empty straight into that, YES it is the toilet outfall. Stops the chance of splashing indoors.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back