Thnigs that go boom in the night..(morning actually) (1 Viewer)

Dereckerick

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Merseyside
Funster No
Exp
First real weekend away in my new MH.

Myself, the mother in law, the missus, our baby (7 months) and my girlfriends niece' and nephew, ages 4,5 and 8. So 3 adults and 4 kids!!!

We just returned after a 3 night break in North Wales at a good clean site with plenty to do for the kids etc......

Anyway, the tribe leave in the morning to go and play for a bit while I pack everything away and get all of the dishes done (the missus was catching up on sleep).

So, with it all packed up I was sitting down to read the paper for a few mins with a brew when I heard the biggest almighty explosion!!

My seat thudded slightly (before you ask, I didn't produce it!!)

I looked out of the window and there was a torrent of water pouring away from the MH! My initial thought was one of the water tanks had fallen off.

So i rushed outside and saw that the water was pouring from a number of points although in a localised area.

Back in the camper, i lifted up one of the bench seats around the table and saw that the water heater had exploded!

The central bar on the inside of the hot water tank had snapped in half. Gutted to say the least! I've only had it 2/3 weeks.

We were heading back today so once we had unpacked it was straight to the place I bought it from.

Its a 10 year old Autotrail Cheyenne 696, and the place I bought it from is a small local dealer who has 6 caravabs and about 4 MH's, i got a good price for a p/x, and a good price on the Cheyenne, and it was very tidy and I had my mechanic pal to give it the once over.

I called them up and they said come straight down. I popped down and the guy said he'd never seen one go like that before, and that he would replace it tomorrow and it would be ready tomorrow night! Nice to have such no quibble service from a small dealer.

Just thought I'd share that.

OP
OP
Dereckerick

Dereckerick

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Merseyside
Funster No
Exp
The Motorhome and Caravan Repair Centre in Moreton on the Wirral.

Its also worth mentioning that he was selling the MH for someone who had bought another MH from them for a sellers fee. So in theory he may have been in his right to say "its just one of those things" , however, still great service.

Also worth a mention, one of the guys also took my inverter out of the old MH and fitted it into the new one for free, not a huge amount of effort, but every little helps.

:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back