Rally The White Horse @ Tattingstone (1 Viewer)

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Just returned from an overnight visit to the Tattingstone meet ...... had intended to be there longer but our plans were thwarted by m/h mechanical problems which now appear to have been resolved.

Anyway, short visit it was for us but packed with real Fun & games, great Funster company, new & old (sorry Janie) and brilliant grub at Saturday night BBQ, followed by bacon rolls this morning..... TERRIFIC :party3:

A big thank you has to go to Ray & Geri for setting up what is probably to be the last Tattingstone meet:crying:
also to Nigel & Pam for all their wonderful input organising the Funster equivalent of the Olympic games and not forgetting all the ladies (+gents) for supplying and preparing all the tasty food.:clap2:

THANK YOU EVERYONE :cheers:

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
We had a lovely time at the Tattingstone meet - met some great people and some truly gorgeous doggies. Thank you Ray, geri, Pam and Nigel for arranging a really enjoyable weekend. Sorry we had to leave early Sunday a.m. but we had a long journey ahead of us. Enjoy the rest of the summer. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Clewsy

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2014
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin
Exp
since June 2014
Just back from our first Funster meet at Tattingstone. Great pity the White Horse is closing, it's a lovely location close to Alton Water and with good food.
Our first Funster meet was great fun with lots of games and other activities, loads of food & drink - looking forward to the next one.
Our thanks to everyone involved in the organisation of the meet and for all the great advice to us newbies.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Had a great weekend, lots of fun,and the food was fantastic. It is a great shame that we wont be able to return to the White Horse again as it is such an ideal location. It was great to see old friends again and really nice to meet all the new folk. Our thanks also go to everyone involved in the organisation of a fun weekend. A special shout out to Nigel and his marshmallows!! Dane & Hazel

OP
OP
Rayb182

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Enormous thanks to Pamela and Nigel, I-Bob and Janie for making our weekend a cracker, glad everyone enjoyed themselves its a pity that its closing down, however we are all invited down next weekend for their leaving party, not a meet, but all welcome.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Many thanks to Ray for arranging this meet, Pamala and Nigel for the shelters BBQ and all the fun and games (y)
But most of all everyone that attended and made it a great weekend. :D
Just Sundowners and Us here last night, shelters went away dry,(y) and we had a lovely evening, that involved yet more beer and most of Pamala's apple crumble and custard. (y) ;) i-Bob and Janie.

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
having a browse round t'internet last night as you do, saw that the pub has re-opened, so hoping that this little gem of a site will still be available for meets as it has been in the past, fingers crossed.. :)

(have very fond memories of this place from a couple of years ago when i plucked up the courage to go on my very first funster meet ever, the kindness of the people there gave me the confidence to then dip my toes into the dorset meet this year with my 'new to me' adapted van)

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
Hi, The White Horse @ Tattingstone is closing down later in August, hows about a meet there 15th 16th and 17th August, their last day of trading is the 23rd, they have a good selection of food and drink and there are long walks for doggies.

oops, meant to put this in the above post, silly me..

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
having a browse round t'internet last night as you do, saw that the pub has re-opened, so hoping that this little gem of a site will still be available for meets as it has been in the past, fingers crossed.. :)

(have very fond memories of this place from a couple of years ago when i plucked up the courage to go on my very first funster meet ever, the kindness of the people there gave me the confidence to then dip my toes into the dorset meet this year with my 'new to me' adapted van)
I can't find any reference to the pub re-opening, do you have a link please?

calion

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
Just back from our first Funster meet at Tattingstone. Great pity the White Horse is closing, it's a lovely location close to Alton Water and with good food.
Our first Funster meet was great fun with lots of games and other activities, loads of food & drink - looking forward to the next one.
Our thanks to everyone involved in the organisation of the meet and for all the great advice to us newbies.
Last time I drove by, the pub was still all closed up, not heard of it re-opening? But - Alton Water have just been granted planning permission for a brand new 88 pitch campsite, not sure when they hope to have it up and running - be great if its next summer!

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I have found details of the Anglian Water campsite which gained planning consent earlier this month.

Trip adviser shows a feedback for this month with no great detail but it would appear the pub has indeed re-opened although no mention of the campsite attached.

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
i did see elsewhere (the estate agent that was handling the sale, but can't remember who, sorry) that when the pub was sold, it was with the proviso or a covenant or something?!? that the camping field couldn't be built on for 10 years, so hopefully it will remain for camping or pub events.. :)

scrolling down the page on tripadvisor, the new staff/owners have got excellent reviews for friendliness and their food.. :)

OP
OP
Rayb182

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
When I pass that way soon I will pop in and get the low down and let you all know, its a nice little boozer, sell "proper" beer and cider.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back