Take a cat to turkey (1 Viewer)

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
Hi Any one done this recently and if so could I ask how it's done. One of our cats has a rabies jab, but it's for 3 yrs and apparently turkey do not accept this and insist on a annual jab. Then a blood test a month later. A this has to be an approved Europe lab, but does this include UK vets or just in Europe and some of the advice says they have to have the pet passport issued in Europe but UK as we know only has a ahc. So am unsure as to what to actually do.

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
I have no idea about Turkey but our cat travelled with passport and a 3 year rabies vac throughout the EU from 2010 - 2016.

Had we been spending more than 3 months at a time in France I think I would have had to have an annual vac, like the French have to get, as they didn’t recognise a 3 year vac in those circumstances.

I’d try to make sure of the specific laws for Turkey in how they may apply to tourist’s, to be on the safe side.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Another thing for consideration, while an AHC will get you in and out of the uk and the EU. And the Ahc will likely get you into Turkey but I doubt it will be accepted from Turkey back into the eu.
I would guess either additional documentation will be required or as has been mentioned an EU pet passport obtained in the eu, with titre test recorded.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 6, 2019
Santa Maria de Palautordera, Barcelona, Spain
Funster No
MH
LMC Liberty 560 1992
Exp
Since 2017
I am a cat person and had many, but now I have no cat. I can understand why and can see one or (many) more dogs in MH's but I don't see how a cat can be in the MH. - they are so given to a specific location and I think their daily needs aren't suited to MH life. I'm being controversial here but I would never put a cat in my MH and travel.
What do you think?

OP
OP
vzac
Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
I am a cat person and had many, but now I have no cat. I can understand why and can see one or (many) more dogs in MH's but I don't see how a cat can be in the MH. - they are so given to a specific location and I think their daily needs aren't suited to MH life. I'm being controversial here but I would never put a cat in my MH and travel.
What do you think?
Hi
I would have agreed with you many yrs ago. But we have pedigree cats, ragdoll and main coon, they are house cats so don't go any further than the garden. When you n the mh they go for walks on a leash each day if they choose to do so. They are put on the lead door is opened and they choose if they go out or not. Some times they do other times they don't ( usually when it is raining). We try and park where it is quite and know they will be ok.
We have a channel where you can see them wend yer way on yt. In Norway we just had Micky ( ragdoll), since then we have purchased a Maine coon kitten, on the vids you can see him learning the ropes. MULL VIDEOS
I think if you train them they are ok with anything.
We used to live on a boat that we regularly moved around on. ragdolls and birmans. These cats lived inside the boat during the day but lived outside at night, in the cratch ( the outside but at the front of the boat.) They came home each morning to be fed.

Phil

Last edited:
May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
What do you think?
Ours was a Devon Rex pedigree totally house cat from birth. He occasionally went in the garden on a harness in the early days but preferred to just stay indoors, except to sit on your knee in the sun. He didn’t like putting his paws on the ground.

When we got the Motorhome it was easy, the van became his new home and the constants were us, simple. He again never wanted to go out loose and would ask to be outside on your knee or in his own chair, in the sun. He would stand to let you know he had enough and wanted to be back inside.

In the van he just laid out in the sun, woke up and moved to where the sun had moved to 😜. He did this for 4 years in the van and 1.5 years before that living in the house in Spain, and travelled about 30,000 miles.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
We've done a few trips with our cats. They are indoor only because they are FIV+ rescues. They are totally lazy b*starts. They love watching what's going on while lounging on the dash. When on grassy campsites, we wind the canopy out and put on the lilypad side mesh and let them out on a leash. I've added a Maxx Air fan to deal with high temperatures. And now I've got air suspension, they're less stressed by the driving but too.

I'm much happier to have them with us than have them bored silly at home, only being visited by a cat sitter a few minutes per day.

We're planning on taking them through the tunnel this year. Not done any serious investigation yet though.

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Tunnel is easy as they’re inside with you all the time. Outbound the checkin was via them passing you the microchip reader through the window. Coming back we took the cat into the pet passport control building.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Given the time of year I wonder if anyone else glanced at the thread title and read it as take a cat to a turkey like I did!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back