swift escape any use in winter? (1 Viewer)

Boo King

Free Member
Dec 12, 2012
Wellingborough
Funster No
MH
Not found one yet
Exp
New
I am new to motor homing and we are considering either a 10 yr old German van, maybe Hymer or Burstener, or an English van perhaps 3-4 years old. I wonder if the Swift Escape or Autotrail Tracker would be cosy and warm to use in winter-I am presuming a German van would be suitable. Does anybody out there use their British van in winter?? Thanks!!

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Hi Boo Welcome to MHF!:welcomefunster:

You will get lots of mixed opinions on here, but my view would be that the Escape would be fine for the mild winters here in Blighty. If your winter use is to include trips to the Alps, etc. then I would lean towards the Hymer or Burstner alternatives.

There are lots of threads on here concerning winter use. You could try using the search facility at the top of the homepage for better-informed opinions than mine!:thumb:

-Jon

Upvote 0
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Use our 2010 Tracker all year round, the bad winter weather of 2011 caused us no problems, its a lovely snug warm little MH. Having the Truma heater with convector means it can be left on all night to keep the van warm

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
You mention Hymer and Burstner but don't forget Knaus.Great winter vans (and summer too!):thumb:

Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Hymer recommended, used ours throughout winter months, brilliant

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Do remember though, that nearly ANY motorhome on the market will feel nice and snug whatever the weather. Your heating will see to that.

The finer detail is in the design of the water system and whether THAT is able to cope with low ambient temperatures!

Also, don't rule out French MHs in your search. Chausson, Pilote and Rapido all make fantastic vans which will cope admirably with the worst winter can bring!:Smile:

Upvote 0
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
camp all year round in our 1985 Glendale not much help i know as i think i have the only one still on the road but lovely and warm

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back