Swift Command - Tracker Subscription - Ok as trackers go? (1 Viewer)

HumBea

Free Member
Aug 3, 2022
Portsmouth, UK
Funster No
MH
looking
My security investigations are continuing. As we're buying a Swift motorhome, I believe we can pay a subscription to activate a tracker (with Sargent) on the Swift command system. The subs seems pretty reasonable as trackers go (£100pa) so I was wondering, do Swift owners generally use this in-built tracker, or do they pay additional money to get a different tracker installed? If it's a different one - what were your reasons?
Thanks in advance!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
My security investigations are continuing. As we're buying a Swift motorhome, I believe we can pay a subscription to activate a tracker (with Sargent) on the Swift command system. The subs seems pretty reasonable as trackers go (£100pa) so I was wondering, do Swift owners generally use this in-built tracker, or do they pay additional money to get a different tracker installed? If it's a different one - what were your reasons?
Thanks in advance!
A factory installed tracker……. Likely to be in the same position in every van with the workers knowing exactly where it is installed. Personally I regard that as a security risk, but trackers are limited in their effectiveness as they can be blocked. I only have one as insurance insist

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
The Swift Tracker is operated by Sargent, I have had mine for five years now without any problems. On the command system you can check on the position of the MH at any time. The monitoring operator will notify you immediately if there is a voltage drop. I do update them if travelling abroad they have called me on several occasions when I have been heading for the Tunnel. Ins co do give a better rate than a standard alarm.
So it’s ok for mev

OP
OP
H

HumBea

Free Member
Aug 3, 2022
Portsmouth, UK
Funster No
MH
looking
A factory installed tracker……. Likely to be in the same position in every van with the workers knowing exactly where it is installed. Personally I regard that as a security risk, but trackers are limited in their effectiveness as they can be blocked. I only have one as insurance insist
Fair comment re where it's installed. Like you, we'll need it for insurance purposes, but I think I'm leaning towards going for the free/cheap Swift version to tick the insurance box, and using the money saved to get some decent security to try to stop them nicking it in the first place.

OP
OP
H

HumBea

Free Member
Aug 3, 2022
Portsmouth, UK
Funster No
MH
looking
The Swift Tracker is operated by Sargent, I have had mine for five years now without any problems. On the command system you can check on the position of the MH at any time. The monitoring operator will notify you immediately if there is a voltage drop. I do update them if travelling abroad they have called me on several occasions when I have been heading for the Tunnel. Ins co do give a better rate than a standard alarm.
So it’s ok for mev
Thanks for your comment. Its hard to know if all trackers are created equally, but good to hear from someone who uses the system and is happy with it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Fair comment re where it's installed. Like you, we'll need it for insurance purposes, but I think I'm leaning towards going for the free/cheap Swift version to tick the insurance box, and using the money saved to get some decent security to try to stop them nicking it in the first place.
Same here……. I have a Vanbitz non starter as well as tracker. There is a good thread on here about some determined professionals failing to defeat the non starter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back