Svensen - Triple Arm TV bracket (1 Viewer)

paroli

Free Member
Nov 15, 2018
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2017
When we bought our MH (2nd hand) there was a triple arm TV mount installed. We have now bought a TV (Avtex 18.5") and it is attached and working. The bracket is however showing age (and droop) and I have been considering renewing it.

I have however been unsuccessful in finding it. Looking at pictures etc it is clearly a Svensen bracket (it has a little spirit level attached) but I have only found single or twin arm brackets online of a similar design. Does anyone know whether there has there ever been a triple arm bracket (or was mine cobbled together) - and whether they can still be found anywhere?

With the layout of the van, the ability to swing the TV right round means it can be viewed either from the front or the back of the van and I don't think that twin arms will work.

Thanks

Patrick
IMG_2982.jpg
IMG_2983.jpg

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
pop off the plastic covers on each joint and tighten up the bolts, usually a hex key. if it keeps working loose, remove the bolt, apply thread lock and tighten again

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
pop off the plastic covers on each joint and tighten up the bolts, usually a hex key. if it keeps working loose, remove the bolt, apply thread lock and tighten again
I've found you often need to do that with new brackets :) .

OP
OP
P

paroli

Free Member
Nov 15, 2018
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2017
Thanks all. I can tighten the bolts etc but the plastic/rubber washers between the arms are starting to deteriorate and tear. I may need to try to find something to make some new washers from - any ideas?
Thanks
Patrick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back